Group Buys For the listing and discussion of group buys only!

Special Brake Effect (Ricky Brake) for LCI cars!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 12:35 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

After months of research I finally have a product to give you the Special Brake effect on LCI car.

The hardware is completely plug and play and uses original BMW plugs on both ends of the cable. All you need to do is install the cables in between the lights and your car's wiring harness. It is completely reversible.

I'm going to do an initial batch of 50 sets for £150 including DHL shipping (US & EU only, otherwise add £15).

And as people know that my first Group Buy is always the cheapest. Plus this time you won't have the expense of the Lights too because already have them fitted to your car, so installation should take all of 5-10 minutes.

I won't take any money from people until I ready to start shipping and until the Group Buy gets to about 30 people. This offer is limited only to the first 50 orders.

------------------------
What is the Special Brake Effect (or Ricky Brake)

In LCI cars or cars with the LCI lights retrofitted with my V6 cables when you press the Brake the lights behind the LED rods light up and thus you loose sight of the LED bars. With the modified version of the cables called LCI-R1 the circle bulb is used as the Brake light so that when you press the Brake there are no bulbs behind the LED bars and so they are not lost even while Braking. There is no Strobing on the LED bars or the LED turn lights and ofcourse no idrive errors.

See picture below of V6.1 on the LEFT and V6 on the RIGHT. Hardly any difference during normal usage.
Special Brake Effect (Ricky Brake) for LCI cars!-img_2834.jpg

But when you Brake it makes all the difference.
Special Brake Effect (Ricky Brake) for LCI cars!-img_2837.jpg

Downsides:
1. In the EU you will loose the rear fog light.
2. In some countries and US states the fact that there are bulbs in the rear lights which don't light up may not be considered legal in the vehicle inspection.
3. You are altering the OEM position of the Brake light.

But you can't argue with the looks-cool factor of this mod.

I have reused a lot of the V6 design and parts so you get excellent build quality at a fraction of the V6 costs. The modules are mounted under the lights themselves used brackets which are included.
Old 12-17-2011, 03:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak

I had some queries about this Group Buy. This Group doesn't have to fill up to 30 people for the price. The first 50 people to order can get the kit at this Introductory price.

These will start shipping in Jan 2012. So please register your interest here.
Old 12-17-2011, 02:03 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 06' BMW 530xi

Been waiting for this

1. itz Crack
Old 12-28-2011, 08:09 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi John,

When you produce one of these cables, can you drop me a pm and I can come and collect from you, I live 15min from london.

Regards,
Arun
Old 12-28-2011, 09:56 AM
Members

Originally Posted by arix
Hi Bruce_Miranda

When you produce one of these cables, can you drop me a pm and I can come and collect from you, I live 15min from london.

Regards,
Arun
Old 12-30-2011, 09:29 AM
Members

Originally Posted by itz CracK
Been waiting for this

1. itz Crack
2. arix
Old 01-04-2012, 12:07 PM
Members

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
After months of research I finally have a product to give you the Special Brake effect on LCI car.

The hardware is completely plug and play and uses original BMW plugs on both ends of the cable. All you need to do is install the cables in between the lights and your car's wiring harness. It is completely reversible.

I'm going to do an initial batch of 50 sets for £150 including DHL shipping (US & EU only, otherwise add £15).

And as people know that my first Group Buy is always the cheapest. Plus this time you won't have the expense of the Lights too because already have them fitted to your car, so installation should take all of 5-10 minutes.

I won't take any money from people until I ready to start shipping and until the Group Buy gets to about 30 people. This offer is limited only to the first 50 orders.

------------------------
What is the Special Brake Effect (or Ricky Brake)

In LCI cars or cars with the LCI lights retrofitted with my V6 cables when you press the Brake the lights behind the LED rods light up and thus you loose sight of the LED bars. With the modified version of the cables called LCI-R1 the circle bulb is used as the Brake light so that when you press the Brake there are no bulbs behind the LED bars and so they are not lost even while Braking. There is no Strobing on the LED bars or the LED turn lights and ofcourse no idrive errors.

See picture below of V6.1 on the LEFT and V6 on the RIGHT. Hardly any difference during normal usage.
Attachment 129038

But when you Brake it makes all the difference.
Attachment 129039

Downsides:
1. In the EU you will loose the rear fog light.
2. In some countries and US states the fact that there are bulbs in the rear lights which don't light up may not be considered legal in the vehicle inspection.
3. You are altering the OEM position of the Brake light.

But you can't argue with the looks-cool factor of this mod.

I have reused a lot of the V6 design and parts so you get excellent build quality at a fraction of the V6 costs. The modules are mounted under the lights themselves used brackets which are included.
Is there any roughly date, when you are expecting to produce them?
Old 01-04-2012, 01:45 PM
Contributors

I thought there will be a lot of interest for this. But it doesn't seem like there is. Either that or people don't realise that this is Ricky Brake for the LCI cars. I'll start production and shipping in Jan.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:28 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 530i N52
Engine: n52

so if i have lci conversion...i dont need any coding..
just your kit?

p.s. i read abouve...never mind..\
add me to the list..please..

2.stel_i79

txh u
Old 01-16-2012, 12:38 PM
Members

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
I thought there will be a lot of interest for this. But it doesn't seem like there is. Either that or people don't realise that this is Ricky Brake for the LCI cars. I'll start production and shipping in Jan.
Any more updates realy looking forward for this mod. Can't wait

Quick Reply: Special Brake Effect (Ricky Brake) for LCI cars!