G30 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the G30. Accessories and modifications too!

HELP *** g30 530d xdive i want modified; suspension, bodykit, exhaust, remap

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 01:46 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: g30 530 XD touring with Adaptive suspension
Model Year: 2017
Default HELP *** g30 530d xdive i want modified; suspension, bodykit, exhaust, remap

Dear all,

I have recently purchased a G30 530d xdrive, touring M sport, with adaptive suspension. I am looking at tweaking the car to have a more aggressive look and feel. I will be breaking this section down into suspension, body kit, exhaust and remap. Thank you all in advance for all your help. I have a total budget of £6000 for the works below.

Suspension) I want to keep the standard dampeners so the adaptive suspension still works, and only change the springs. The reason why I want to change the springs is because I want the car so sit lower. I still want a comfortable ride. I don't want coilovers as this will remove the adaptive suspension from the car.

Exhaust) I would like a two twin exhausts from the rear. 1) to give in a more aggressive look (like the M3/5). 2) to give it a more deeper, slightly louder tone. I don't want it to sound too loud, I'm sadly not 17 anymore but more like an Aston Martin, so I was thinking of an exhaust with a valve but I'm open to suggestions.

Bodykit) I want to keep the Msport bumpers (mainly for cost) but add a front splitter, rear diffuser, spoiler and side skirts to give the car a more muscular/aggressive look. I want the finished car bodywork to look like it came from the factory and not a max power bolt on, if you know want I mean.

Remap) I have never remapped a car before, what do I need to look out for? and any good recommendations? Do I want to wait until I have the exhaust fitted before remapping?

If you want to ask any questions or need some more info to answer please ask. Thank you in once again.

Mark
Old 07-09-2018, 02:01 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2009 535i Sport
Model Year: 2009
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by pow530XD
Dear all,

I have recently purchased a G30 530d xdrive, touring M sport, with adaptive suspension. I am looking at tweaking the car to have a more aggressive look and feel. I will be breaking this section down into suspension, body kit, exhaust and remap. Thank you all in advance for all your help. I have a total budget of £6000 for the works below.

Suspension) I want to keep the standard dampeners so the adaptive suspension still works, and only change the springs. The reason why I want to change the springs is because I want the car so sit lower. I still want a comfortable ride. I don't want coilovers as this will remove the adaptive suspension from the car.

Exhaust) I would like a two twin exhausts from the rear. 1) to give in a more aggressive look (like the M3/5). 2) to give it a more deeper, slightly louder tone. I don't want it to sound too loud, I'm sadly not 17 anymore but more like an Aston Martin, so I was thinking of an exhaust with a valve but I'm open to suggestions.

Bodykit) I want to keep the Msport bumpers (mainly for cost) but add a front splitter, rear diffuser, spoiler and side skirts to give the car a more muscular/aggressive look. I want the finished car bodywork to look like it came from the factory and not a max power bolt on, if you know want I mean.

Remap) I have never remapped a car before, what do I need to look out for? and any good recommendations? Do I want to wait until I have the exhaust fitted before remapping?

If you want to ask any questions or need some more info to answer please ask. Thank you in once again.

Mark

I'm not up on all the G30 mods, but some thoughts:

Suspension - G30 chassis is brand new so options may be limited, but the Xdrive models always sit higher than RWD. Since even the msport package does not include a lower ride height, you may not be able to go much lower and maintain healthy suspension geometry, but just guessing.

Exhaust - that would just be changing the tips and maybe the muffler, right? - since 530d already has dual outlets on bumper. Any exhaust shop can do that in an hour. As far as the exhaust valve, I think I've seen mufflers with a valve built in, don't recall specifics or if there's one that will fit the G30. Adding a valve yourself could be tough to get it right, i.e. not rattling at part-throttle, etc.

Bodywork - BMW offers M performance accessories you mention.

Remap - check with Burger Tuning, maybe they have a 530d JB4 planned. it's a piggyback computer. If you want to try flashing to DME, may have to search to see what's out there - Again, since it's a new platform there may not be many shops able to flash the DME yet.

Last edited by LessIsMore; 07-09-2018 at 02:04 PM.
Old 01-15-2019, 11:22 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F10

you can try Arma carbon intake. looks nice.

Arma intake G30