5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Frequently Asked Questions (https://5series.net/forums/frequently-asked-questions-13/)
-   -   What is Active Roll Stabilization/Dynamic Drive? (https://5series.net/forums/frequently-asked-questions-13/what-active-roll-stabilization-dynamic-drive-2105/)

Lomag 08-05-2004 04:44 PM

What is Active Roll Stabilization/Dynamic Drive?

Active Roll Stabilization is an "active" suspension control system design to reduce body roll in cornering, resulting in improved handling. Whenever entering a corner, "lateral acceleration" is generated. Sensors read the level of body roll and communicate with the ECU or central "brain" which then processes this signal and coordinates various systems to respond. As a result, ARS actively generates resistance to body roll by twisting the front and rear anti-roll bars appropriate to the situation.

If you have any additions or comments please post them below for other forum members and web site visitors to read.

Rudy 08-08-2004 02:37 AM

Additional information on how Dynamic Drive works can be found in the BMW Technology Guide.

Rossi 06-13-2005 07:18 AM

Hi Everyone,

Does anybody now how is the supplier of the Active Roll Stabilization System on BMW. I need to do some research on this system.

Any info would help.

Thanx

Iceman 06-14-2005 02:14 PM

Sachs.

Check this out

New 5 buyer 01-19-2007 06:46 PM

I am about to place an order for either a 550i or a 530xi. I am going to use it for a daily driver and as such would prefer to not get the low profile tires or the stiffer suppension (I have a Z06 for my sports driving) but would like the active roll stabiliation. My dealer told me this is not possible. Does anyone know if I there is some way to get the more comfortable ride with the active roll stabilization? Thanks.

katheikia 05-20-2007 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by New 5 buyer' post='380840' date='Jan 19 2007, 11:46 PM
I am about to place an order for either a 550i or a 530xi. I am going to use it for a daily driver and as such would prefer to not get the low profile tires or the stiffer suppension (I have a Z06 for my sports driving) but would like the active roll stabiliation. My dealer told me this is not possible. Does anyone know if I there is some way to get the more comfortable ride with the active roll stabilization? Thanks.

All you have to do is ditch the run-flats and get some PS2s

CWG 05-24-2007 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by New 5 buyer' post='380840' date='Jan 19 2007, 05:46 PM

I have the 08 550i sport. The ride is firm and controlled but not harsh or overly stiff. Overall it is very smooth riding and I have had several psotive comments from passengers on the quality of the ride. Have you been able to try the 550i sport? Also you can feel the active roll stabilization and it really does work well. I am using the car for my daily driver as well and have a C2 porsche that is lowered and has bilstien shocks for my sport driving. I think BMW really did a great job of compromise on the 08 550i sport suspension.

Bogdan1980 09-12-2007 05:55 AM

Does anyone know how do I find out if my BMW E60 520i 2004 has dynamic drive?

joewatch 09-21-2007 01:05 PM

http://www.zf-mediacenter.de/sea_view_v2.p...bB=&pos=360

Direct from the manufacturer with a nice picture.

shparla 02-25-2008 04:32 PM

I am about to buy a 2005 E60 and i have a big question for my amateur head. If the dealer who will sell me the car doesn`t know if the car has Dynamic Drive because he`s selling over 1000 cars, HOW CAN I KNOW IF THE CAR I AM ABOUT TO BUY HAS DYNAMIC DRIVE???

Thanks a lot and i thin i`m not off topic :please: