Frequently Asked Questions Feel free to add to our FAQ answers or contribute new questions.

What is ACC?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 02:27 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 08 550 Carbon Sport Almost everything factory, but no sound upgrades.

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='589725' date='May 28 2008, 12:12 AM
Resting your foot on the pedal will turn the distance bars off (and prevent the car from slowing or stopping on it's own.) This is working as designed so I don't think your dealer will be able to do anything about it. Actually, this feature is a handy way to temporarily override the stop and go and allow the car to get closer to the car in front of you -- just be ready for the car to hit the brakes hard if you come off the gas after an override...
Yes, I really don't want it changed and agree it is useful. I was just pleased to understand what was happening.

Isn't it strange that the dealer didn't suggest the foot resting thing to me??
Old 05-28-2008, 03:51 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='586895' date='May 23 2008, 02:28 PM
This clearly does not work on my car -- it must be a country specific thing or possibly (hopefully) a software improvement.
Hmm, interesting, my car goes in for a TCU replacement tomorrow and will get reprogrammed to the latest software. The car was reprogrammed back in Feb I think already to try and clear the TCU problems.

I'll try the active cruise disabling thingy on the way into the dealers, and then I'll try it again when I get it back, might answer your question about the software version?

Barry
Old 05-28-2008, 01:59 PM
Members

Originally Posted by bardel' post='589894' date='May 28 2008, 12:51 PM
Hmm, interesting, my car goes in for a TCU replacement tomorrow and will get reprogrammed to the latest software. The car was reprogrammed back in Feb I think already to try and clear the TCU problems.

I'll try the active cruise disabling thingy on the way into the dealers, and then I'll try it again when I get it back, might answer your question about the software version?

Barry
Ok, tonight I tried pushing the distance selector on the cruise stalk up once more after going down to 1 bar and sure enough the active part of active cruise control is disabled and you are left with standard cruise control!!! Problem I've got now is remembering that the car isn't going to react on it's own any more if I disable it.

Unfortunately, I can't now tell you if it's something that's going to be enabled by my car being updated to the latest software tomorrow as it already has it! I can tell you the car was last reprogrammed around 6th March which I think means v29 and tomorrow it will probably end up being v30.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i manual
Model Year: 2008
Engine: V8

thats cool i always got my cruise control to work but never the aac because i come to close to cars and i would have to stop myself
Old 11-24-2008, 01:44 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Silver Metallic w/Sport Automatic Transmission, Ventilated Comfort Seats in Beige Nasca Leather, Light Poplar Trim, NAV, HUD, Active Steering, Night Vision, Active Cruise Control, Logic 7, Blue tooth Hands Free, Dynamic Stability, Soft Close. Mods: RPI Exhaust, Scoop + FIlter, License plate LED lights

We wanted the Active Cruise Control but BMW doesnt offer it in my country due to the poor traffic conditions. The traffic has been classified as C grade
Old 04-04-2009, 06:05 PM
Members

I wish my 535 '08 to be equiped with ACC, but is equiped only with regular cruise control and there is no upgrade for ACC
Old 06-03-2010, 06:27 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW E61 530xd 2007 LCI Touring

Does ACC was replaced in 2008-2009 cars with Stop&Go cruise? Or it is the same thing just called different?
Old 06-03-2010, 09:04 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by julich
Does ACC was replaced in 2008-2009 cars with Stop&Go cruise? Or it is the same thing just called different?
ACC now comes with stop & go function.
The stop & go was added.

Since you can't have ACC without it, you can still call it "ACC", allthough correct it would be "ACC with stop & go function".
Old 06-03-2010, 12:50 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW E61 530xd 2007 LCI Touring

Originally Posted by Iceman
ACC now comes with stop & go function.
The stop & go was added.

Since you can't have ACC without it, you can still call it "ACC", allthough correct it would be "ACC with stop & go function".

May be you know when one option replaced another? I'm looking to buy 2007 E61 in Germany and I still can not catch which cars have and which don't this Stop&Go variant. Is there any difference how does it look like on the car? Both options (old and new) need radar in front bamper?
Old 06-04-2010, 05:47 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by julich
May be you know when one option replaced another? I'm looking to buy 2007 E61 in Germany and I still can not catch which cars have and which don't this Stop&Go variant. Is there any difference how does it look like on the car? Both options (old and new) need radar in front bamper?
I don't think there's any way to visibly tell if the car has the stop and go feature. There are two radar systems in front -- one is visible and one is invisible so you can tell if a car has ACC or not but once you determine if it has ACC, you can't tell if the stop and go option exists or not just by looking...

Quick Reply: What is ACC?