Frequently Asked Questions Feel free to add to our FAQ answers or contribute new questions.

My voice control doesn't work, why?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 04:56 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW
Thumbs up

My voice control doesn't work, why?

Although BMW phone owners (CPT9000) can enjoy voice control over their phone, only owners of the NAV option (Nav Professional in Europe) can enjoy voice control over entertainment, climate, car settings, and navigation. Voice command adds tremendously to the efficiency of using iDrive. Again, in the U.S., voice command of anything other than phone requires the NAV option.
Initially cars built with NAV did not have the voice control system activated however as of February 2004 it is activated by the factory. If your car was built prior to February 2004 your dealer should be able to activate the voice command system for you.

If you have any additions or comments please post them below for other forum members and web site visitors to read.
Old 09-02-2004, 07:07 AM

Do you need to select a seperate option to have voice controls on a US spec. w/ navagation, or does it come with it?
Old 09-02-2004, 07:36 AM
JDN
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Comes with it.

How about registering with us and helping the forum grow - please.
Old 09-02-2004, 05:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i SMG. Titanium Grey with Grey interior and Anthracite wood.

I was the one who posed the question, I forgot I was using a friend's computer and didn't automatically log me in. Sorry.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:22 PM
Members

Can somebody just clarify something for me please.

If I order the E60 with bluetooth and with the sat nav pro, I do not need to order extended voice control as it will allready have it? Yes or no please?

Dave
Old 10-27-2005, 09:21 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 BMW E60 530d High Executive

Originally Posted by nashdm2' date='Oct 26 2005, 11:22 PM

If I order the E60 with bluetooth and with the sat nav pro, I do not need to order extended voice control as it will allready have it? Yes or no please?

Dave
[snapback]189098[/snapback]
I understood that if you specd the car like yours you have a limited voice controll, you have to buy extended to use them all or something like that
Old 11-25-2005, 09:29 AM
Members

Originally Posted by nashdm2' post='189098' date='Oct 26 2005, 11:22 PM

Dave
No.
I have the bluetooth option and Sat pro in my Sept.05 production car and NO voice control
I should have bought the extended control option instead.
Luca
Old 11-26-2005, 06:15 AM
Contributors

Oh man..i hope I dont get yielded at my question:

But can some one buy the extended voice package without NAV?

Can some one get the extended voice package after the car is out of the dealer?
Old 11-27-2005, 07:15 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 E60 525i

I've tried the voice command to dial a phone number but have problems...the system can't seem to recognize my English...gosh...looks like I may have to learn to speak English with German accent. I just can't get it to recognize one full telephone number despite speaking 1 number at a time, 2 numbers at a time, 3 numbers at a time, etc. The numbers 0, 3, 7, 8, 9 are the ones with the most errors.

The other problem is that I can't get my phone book (Nokia 3230) to syn with the car's. Tried all means but unsuccessful. However, the bluetooth works ok most of the time, with occasional disconnection.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:03 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JC3168' post='204116' date='Nov 27 2005, 11:15 PM
I've tried the voice command to dial a phone number but have problems...the system can't seem to recognize my English...gosh...looks like I may have to learn to speak English with German accent. I just can't get it to recognize one full telephone number despite speaking 1 number at a time, 2 numbers at a time, 3 numbers at a time, etc. The numbers 0, 3, 7, 8, 9 are the ones with the most errors.

The other problem is that I can't get my phone book (Nokia 3230) to syn with the car's. Tried all means but unsuccessful. However, the bluetooth works ok most of the time, with occasional disconnection.
My english is pretty funny. English is my second language. I am sure you already guessed that by reading my posts.

What helped me? I close my windows and also turn the 'fan' off. Either your heater or a/c. <best way to describe it>.

Then, I speak pretty low instead of loud. ...those minor things are helping me to get alone with v/a.

Hope those tips help since I have problem pronouncing neglish too

Quick Reply: My voice control doesn't work, why?