F11 Touring Discussion Discussion about the touring version of the 5 series, also known as a wagon.

F11 M Sport

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 09:24 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F11 -14

Originally Posted by Heli G.
Hi narvselius,

whatīs your experience with carbonblack, in change from platinumgrey.

Is it a perfect colour for the next one ??

Bye

Helmut
Letting me answer the question myself... I would definitely go for CarbonBlack again! I love the colour , and if you enjoy hand wash the car often as I do then the fact that it is black is not an issue. Also, as I always invest in good paint protection ( I use PAS) I have not experienced any issues with the paint so far. But, I believe I need to let the car go through a Scandinavian winter before I finally make up my mind.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:16 AM
Members

Originally Posted by narvselius
Letting me answer the question myself... I would definitely go for CarbonBlack again! I love the colour , and if you enjoy hand wash the car often as I do then the fact that it is black is not an issue. Also, as I always invest in good paint protection ( I use PAS) I have not experienced any issues with the paint so far. But, I believe I need to let the car go through a Scandinavian winter before I finally make up my mind.
Hi narvselius,

so I believe I take also carbonblack, because I make my carwashes also only by hand, and I think that the carbonblack is really a great colour with the different looks by all kind of weather.

Bye

Helmut
Old 08-02-2010, 11:52 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: F11 -14

Again, Carbonschwartz is really growing on me. I think it gives the car that extra dimension, the Wow-factor, and if that results in a couple of more hand washes, so be it!

Heli G, btw did you read the latest edition of auto, motor und sport? They praised the 520d (albeit in the F10) and said that it was an excellent choice for the car. Looking forward to next edition when they will test the F11!
Old 08-03-2010, 12:14 AM
Members

Originally Posted by narvselius
Again, Carbonschwartz is really growing on me. I think it gives the car that extra dimension, the Wow-factor, and if that results in a couple of more hand washes, so be it!

Heli G, btw did you read the latest edition of auto, motor und sport? They praised the 520d (albeit in the F10) and said that it was an excellent choice for the car. Looking forward to next edition when they will test the F11!
no I didnīt read this paper, but for me it must be an 6 cylinder car ( I am so happy with my E61 525d ).

ciao

Helmut
Old 08-04-2010, 11:31 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 Black E61 530Xd - M-sport - Comfort - Advantage

After comparing the pics I have to say f11 is much better looking without the M-sport package.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:37 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Seipäänreikä
After comparing the pics I have to say f11 is much better looking without the M-sport package.
let us see this in real, and by the way it was always a great thing to take the M-package, and I believe it will be the same by the F11.

Bye

Helmut
Old 08-06-2010, 03:50 AM
Members

let us see this in real, and by the way it was always a great thing to take the M-package, and I believe it will be the same by the F11.

Bye

Helmut

configuration picture of mine:
Attached Thumbnails F11 M Sport-1.jpg   F11 M Sport-22.jpg   F11 M Sport-7.jpg   F11 M Sport-33.jpg  
Old 08-06-2010, 04:57 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Hi narvselius,

so I believe I take also carbonblack, because I make my carwashes also only by hand, and I think that the carbonblack is really a great colour with the different looks by all kind of weather.

Bye

Helmut
Nice to see you getting another 525d -- if I remember correctly, when you got your last one and went for the standard version and not the M-Sport version because of the heated steering wheel option! I assume that is not a problem this time

As for Carbon Black, I am now on my 4th Carbon Black E60/61 I have really tried hard getting a different colour, but regardless how many times I configured / looked at different colours, I have always come back to Carbon Black. IMHO its a very classy colour and that blue that comes out under sun shine has fantastic depth to it. I love the fact that it changes colour under different light.

The negative side is that the paint is a scratch-magnet, but I simply admire my car from a couple of meters distance and you can't seen the fine scratches As you handwash your car, that should also not be such an issue for you.

I think you have made a great choice, especially with the interior colour... congrats
Old 08-06-2010, 09:00 AM
Members

Originally Posted by xBMWx
Nice to see you getting another 525d -- if I remember correctly, when you got your last one and went for the standard version and not the M-Sport version because of the heated steering wheel option! I assume that is not a problem this time

As for Carbon Black, I am now on my 4th Carbon Black E60/61 I have really tried hard getting a different colour, but regardless how many times I configured / looked at different colours, I have always come back to Carbon Black. IMHO its a very classy colour and that blue that comes out under sun shine has fantastic depth to it. I love the fact that it changes colour under different light.

The negative side is that the paint is a scratch-magnet, but I simply admire my car from a couple of meters distance and you can't seen the fine scratches As you handwash your car, that should also not be such an issue for you.

I think you have made a great choice, especially with the interior colour... congrats
Yes you remember very correctly, but I donīt take the heating steering wheel, because I ordered a "Standheizung" for the new one, so I didnīt need this gadget.

Bye

Helmut
Old 09-21-2010, 11:52 AM
Members

My Ride: Booked: E70n X5 40d M. Carbonblack, oyster, comfortseats, Nav Pro, Active Drive, Panoramic, Hifi PRO DSP, HUD, Alutrim, Satin ext, gloss rails, towconnector, elctric lid, alarm and more. FS: E61 535D -06, Activesteering, Comfort seats, Hifi, M-steeringwheel, PDC, Rails, Tinted windows, Folding mirrors, Towconnector, Alu trims, Panoramic roof, ISO FIX, SonyEricsson BT-HF, 124 wheels, Alarm, Electric lid, Aburn interior, Xenons, Silvergrey and the crappy cupholders!!!

I have looked at the pictures of the M-pack and I can only see that the rear and front bubpers differs. Is the side skirts the same?

Quick Reply: F11 M Sport