F10, F11 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the F10. Accessories and modifications too!

Show us your window TINT~

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 07:37 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Actually, I was reading about the prescription thing. Depending on the county, they'll still cite you regardless.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:57 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Limo & 35%

Old 10-28-2010, 10:29 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Georgieb
My car was tinted by 3M Trimline here in Toronto and the material is 3M Scotchtint Color-Stable Auto Film. They are 30% all-around however my windshield is not tinted. Just too much of a hassle to have to deal with our local law enforcement, and believe me they enforce this type of stuff. The pics I have are somewhat dated and there have been many mods since inclusive of black Shadowline trim, M5 Side Mirrors, LCI Tail-lights etc. Once I have new pics, I'll update my image folder.

Cheers!

Great looking rides guys! tex_phil, Are those Miro 111' in 20"? If you don't mind me asking, are they staggered and what's the offset. These are the same wheels I want to change to next summer. Going for the all-black look. Anyway, back to tints.....
Beatuful car!! Thanks for posting the pics. Is it possible for you to post the current actual pics where you now have the shadowline trim replacing your chrome?? I ask because I have the same color that you have and I have the chrome trim as well and would like to have an idea of what it would look like. Thanks again

Lui
Old 10-29-2010, 03:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

Beatuful car!! Thanks for posting the pics. Is it possible for you to post the current actual pics where you now have the shadowline trim replacing your chrome?? I ask because I have the same color that you have and I have the chrome trim as well and would like to have an idea of what it would look like. Thanks again

Lui
Lui,
Thanks for the positive comments! Unfortunately I only have a few pics of the car since I did the Shadowline trim and what I do have were taken in the rain directly after the install. These do have the addition of the M5 Mirrors also which changed the profile of the car significantly. Here you go:
Attached Thumbnails Show us your window TINT~-shadowline_04.jpg   Show us your window TINT~-shadowline_05.jpg  
Old 11-02-2010, 08:12 PM
Members

Lui,
Thanks for the positive comments! Unfortunately I only have a few pics of the car since I did the Shadowline trim and what I do have were taken in the rain directly after the install. These do have the addition of the M5 Mirrors also which changed the profile of the car significantly. Here you go:
Thanks Georgie, appreciate the pics. Your car looks great. I am thinking of keeping my chrome trim. The contrast currently on my F10 with the chrome and the Jet black paint is just the way I like it. If I did go with the shawdowline trim , there would have to be many other mods to follow in order for it to work. So I am happy with what I got..... for now
Old 11-02-2010, 08:28 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

I wonder if tinting the f10 will have the "dot matrix" issues of the e9x models...
Old 11-03-2010, 04:02 AM
Contributors

Thanks Georgie, appreciate the pics. Your car looks great. I am thinking of keeping my chrome trim. The contrast currently on my F10 with the chrome and the Jet black paint is just the way I like it. If I did go with the shawdowline trim , there would have to be many other mods to follow in order for it to work. So I am happy with what I got..... for now
luigimaster,
Valid point. It really does come down to personal preference and what is most pleasing to your eyes. So now all that's left is to post a few pics of your F10.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:28 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
I wonder if tinting the f10 will have the "dot matrix" issues of the e9x models...
Your lucky you don't have to deal with that on the E90. It's only on the E92.

But my tint guy put a vinyl strip over the matrix so it actually looks good
If you think the E92 has a bad dot matrix, check out the Corvette.
Old 11-04-2010, 02:45 PM
Members

luigimaster,
Valid point. It really does come down to personal preference and what is most pleasing to your eyes. So now all that's left is to post a few pics of your F10.
Finally got around to taking a few pics. 5% all around, 50% windshield.

Old 11-04-2010, 04:07 PM
Contributors

Finally got around to taking a few pics. 5% all around, 50% windshield.
Wow! It looks crazy good. 5% tints around these parts and Five-0 would probably take the car away from you... Ha ha. The F10 continues to grow on me. It has a lot of potential.

Quick Reply: Show us your window TINT~