F10 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the F10. Accessories and modifications too!

LED Turn Signal for Halogen Headlight F10's

Old 03-14-2011, 10:42 PM
  #1  
Members
Thread Starter
 
luigimaster528i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 144
Default

After searching for something to get rid of the ?egg yolk? look of the halogen turn signal PY24 bulb on my F10 and not finding anything, I was left with no choice but to spray paint the bulbs silver until a company came out with a solution.

Finally, WeissLicht came out with the PY24 bulb upgrade to LED turn signals for those of us with halogen headlights on our F10's. :happyanim:

I picked up a set from Ian at Bimmian and I honestly am very impressed with the quality and the light output of the LED turn signals. You can either have them in white or amber. Now all of us F10 owners with halogen headlights can get rid of the ?egg yolk? look and get that elegant LED shine without the hassle. No errors too, just plug and play

here is a quick video showing the comparison in illumination
[U2B]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqG3bjCJ3Yw[/U2B]

Before:


After:





If your interested, they can be picked up from Bimmian at the following link

http://www.bimmian.com/WTS
luigimaster528i is offline  
Old 03-15-2011, 07:03 AM
  #2  
Contributors
 
nomis_nehc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 5,781
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016
Default

Haha, did you make the video? I like how it was classical music, and then rap, lol.

Also, it might be because LEDs light up instantly, the frequency/rate that it blinks appears to be a bit faster than the halogen bulb. That is a little less desirable for me, and I wonder why that's the case since I don't notice that on my E60.
nomis_nehc is offline  
Old 03-15-2011, 10:33 AM
  #3  
Senior Members
 
Moopai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 872
My Ride: 2004 545i TITANIUM GREY II on Black Dakota Lthr, Comfort Seats, Sports PKG, Premium PKG, Active/Dynamic Drive, NAV, Winter Package.
Default

I'm little confused with your post and video! All F10 in Canada have LED signal light. How could your F10 have a bulb?


Originally Posted by luigimaster528i View Post
After searching for something to get rid of the ?egg yolk? look of the halogen turn signal PY24 bulb on my F10 and not finding anything, I was left with no choice but to spray paint the bulbs silver until a company came out with a solution.

Finally, WeissLicht came out with the PY24 bulb upgrade to LED turn signals for those of us with halogen headlights on our F10's. :happyanim:

I picked up a set from Ian at Bimmian and I honestly am very impressed with the quality and the light output of the LED turn signals. You can either have them in white or amber. Now all of us F10 owners with halogen headlights can get rid of the ?egg yolk? look and get that elegant LED shine without the hassle. No errors too, just plug and play

here is a quick video showing the comparison in illumination
[U2B]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqG3bjCJ3Yw[/U2B]

Before:


After:





If your interested, they can be picked up from Bimmian at the following link

http://www.bimmian.com/WTS
Moopai is offline  
Old 03-15-2011, 12:46 PM
  #4  
Contributors
 
nomis_nehc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 5,781
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016
Default

It sounds like the halogen version doesn't have LEDs, only the xenon.
nomis_nehc is offline  
Old 03-15-2011, 01:34 PM
  #5  
Members
Thread Starter
 
luigimaster528i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 144
Default

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc View Post
Haha, did you make the video? I like how it was classical music, and then rap, lol.

Also, it might be because LEDs light up instantly, the frequency/rate that it blinks appears to be a bit faster than the halogen bulb. That is a little less desirable for me, and I wonder why that's the case since I don't notice that on my E60.
Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I busted out that quick video so you guys can see how it looks live. Thanks man!!!
luigimaster528i is offline  
Old 03-15-2011, 01:36 PM
  #6  
Members
Thread Starter
 
luigimaster528i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 144
Default

Originally Posted by Moopai View Post
I'm little confused with your post and video! All F10 in Canada have LED signal light. How could your F10 have a bulb?
528i's in the US are not standard with xenon headlamps, you have to purchase the option to have xenons. 535 and 550 are standard with xenons.





luigimaster528i is offline  
Old 06-03-2011, 01:40 AM
  #7  
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 7
Default

How did you access the bulb....through the wheel arch?
smanoj77 is offline  
Old 06-03-2011, 02:21 PM
  #8  
Members
Thread Starter
 
luigimaster528i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 144
Default

Originally Posted by smanoj77 View Post
How did you access the bulb....through the wheel arch?
That is correct. There is a little door inside the wheel arch with 2 screws. Unscrew and you have access to the low beam and the turn signal. Do you have the LED's already?
luigimaster528i is offline  
Old 06-03-2011, 04:03 PM
  #9  
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 7
Default

Originally Posted by luigimaster528i View Post
That is correct. There is a little door inside the wheel arch with 2 screws. Unscrew and you have access to the low beam and the turn signal. Do you have the LED's already?
Thx for the info. No, I haven't bought the LEDs yet. I am planning to order them from Bimmian in the US. The ones I could find in europe are from xenon planet. But they only have the white ones, and are not by Weissleicht.
smanoj77 is offline  
Old 06-04-2011, 07:17 PM
  #10  
Members
Thread Starter
 
luigimaster528i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 144
Default

I have an extra set of the WeissLicht bulbs from Bimmian in Amber illumination. PM me if your interested.
luigimaster528i is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LED Turn Signal for Halogen Headlight F10's


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.