F10, F11 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the F10. Accessories and modifications too!

F10 Gladen 201 speakers upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 04:57 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: e39
Default F10 Gladen 201 speakers upgrade

This car came with the basic sound system:

- No amplifier
- 1 mid range in front door
- 1 mid bass under the front seats
- 1 mid range in the rear shelf.

No tweeters either. A pretty dull sound system as you can imagine.

So the idea was to retrofit and replace all those speakers by quality ones at first, retrofit tweeters too.
See how it goes without an amplifier (The CIC has a better built in amplifier that previous generations like the CCC). I knew without an amplifier we would have distortion at higher volume. But for the owner loud was not really an option, it was more about clarity, definition and a tighter bass.

Here it is. Simple enough upgrade for those with a basic sound system (Gladen 201 is a very good piece of kit including 6 speakers for the front) without breaking the bank.
For less than 500 euros for 8 speakers, not much can go wrong.

I was surprised but even at high enough volume there was no audible distortion. Now with an amp they will sound and handle even better. But for now the owner is delighted with the improvement.

Turns out the 2 ways coaxial speakers I picked up for the rear did not allow the cover grill to flush perfectly. So for now I installed Gladen mid range 4".

Job done

Old 09-29-2013, 10:24 PM
Members

Nice info...

thanks I've purchased a 2010/09 530D SE GT (F07) which has a standard sound system , just the single midrange in the doors and under seat subs , would like to have tweeters in the front and upgraded all the speakers and sub , will these fit the F07
Old 09-30-2013, 01:55 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by GhostWorks
Nice info...

thanks I've purchased a 2010/09 530D SE GT (F07) which has a standard sound system , just the single midrange in the doors and under seat subs , would like to have tweeters in the front and upgraded all the speakers and sub , will these fit the F07
Hello neighbour, I am fairly sure they do but I asked the manufacturer to make sure.
Will report back once I know.

Cheers
Old 09-30-2013, 09:50 AM
Members

Thanks , the extreme set looks good , I have a spare blaupunkt tha475 4 channel amp but no good enough installers over here on the Isle of Man , am planning a 5 day trip across in the uk with the car , if an installer had the stock ready to install I could leave the car for the day while shopping etc ....lol
Old 10-01-2013, 03:15 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by GhostWorks
Thanks , the extreme set looks good , I have a spare blaupunkt tha475 4 channel amp but no good enough installers over here on the Isle of Man , am planning a 5 day trip across in the uk with the car , if an installer had the stock ready to install I could leave the car for the day while shopping etc ....lol
Gladen came back to me saying 95% of it will fit but they never officially sanctionned the kit on the f07. Anything can be made to fit anyway. No big deal.
Yes there are some very good shops in the uk that could fit them too
Or if you ask nicely I could take the ferry from dublin and do it for you :-)
Old 10-02-2013, 10:02 AM
Members

Lol, Isle of Man steam packet is expensive at most times , but I do own a guest house , so you could make it a holiday business trip ..lol
Old 06-19-2014, 11:05 AM
New Members

My Ride: BMW 535d M Sport LCI

did you amp the set up? im buying the gladen one for my e60, but with the mosconi 120.4 channel amp. not to sure how easy it will be to install.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:14 PM
New Members

My Ride: F10

nice
Old 07-07-2014, 12:42 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by s29uny
did you amp the set up? im buying the gladen one for my e60, but with the mosconi 120.4 channel amp. not to sure how easy it will be to install.
You may find the amp a bit awkward to set up at first as it differs a bit from usual amps. But once it is set up properly it will sound great.
In my opinion you need an extra 2 channels or more amp then the car can be coded to hifi. It will sound even better and the bass will be less harsh, as it stands, without coding, the midrange will be playing quiet hard. Will sound much better with one 120.4, but 2 will be even better.
Old 06-08-2015, 12:45 AM
New Members

My Ride: F10 528i

How was the sound after the upgrade without an AMP compared to stock?
Is it just a little bit better or does it make a big difference

Quick Reply: F10 Gladen 201 speakers upgrade