Looking to buy 2013 M5

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 05:29 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: m5?
Default Looking to buy 2013 M5

Hello everyone,

I am trying to buy a M5 it seems. I currently drive a CLS550 and I wanted to upgrade. the CLS63 AMG was on my list, but the M5 is pulling me in.

With that being said, I have an appointment to go test drive one tomorrow.

I am hoping to get some info, some advice, etc on what things, if any, to look for while checking this car out. What are some known issues that I should try to verify are not failing, etc.

The car has 45000 miles on it. I do plan on getting the extended warranty.

Also, if there are any other general things I should know. I'm an avid car enthusiast, and I have done my research. It seems pretty solid from what I can tell.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Old 07-08-2017, 02:09 PM
New Members

My Ride: m5?

I test drove one today. It was a smokers car. Terrible, so I was not going to buy that exact one, but still wanted to drive it.

This car was a 2013 with 45000 miles on it. When I checked the rotors, they were badly lipped in the front, and not as bad in the back, but still worse than I would have liked.

I get in the car and right off the bat, the A/C is broken. It's 105 outside where I tested this car. That sucked.

Next, the car said that a tire was low and to "drive at own risk" - But the tire seemed fine. Maybe it was a bad sensor?

Anyways, I get on the road and my first impressions are not good. I think this car was a busted broke ass piece of shit. This was not a nice M5 at all.

I tried to punch it a few times at a 20 mph roll in first, and the lag was very noticeable, and the car did not feel as fast as I thought it would. I never even heard the tires chirp. I did have traction control on, but everything else was sport. Not even a little baby chirp from the tires. I really wonder if maybe because the tire sensor thought it was low, maybe the car was pulling power? Or maybe this car in general is just crap.

I'm searching for another M5 to go drive, as I am pretty sure the one I tested today was not how an M5 should be.
Old 10-14-2017, 03:55 PM
New Members

My Ride: ,retro sport button,comfort seats,m5 front and rear swaybars,pullbars,550 brakes kit with slotted and drilled rotors,upper strut brace,lower 2pt brace,3im,power box,m5 eom wheels,m5 rep bumper and skirts.
Model Year: 2007

Sounds like someone neglected that lease.,Those cars are a beast with a tune and bolt ons. It's going to be up to the right owner to unlock the true potential of this car.
Old 06-30-2019, 05:36 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550 sport with all the fixins, 07 yukon with all the fixins.

You happened to drive someone rag out car that's all. Sad. Dont worry there are plenty of good ones out there. I've got 131k now in my yr13 and it runs just as good as day one when I bought it in 2012.
Old 01-19-2022, 01:55 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2013
Engine: S63

I got myself a 2013 back in August 2021 and so far I'm loving it!