F10, F11 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the F10. Accessories and modifications too!

LED Turn Signal for Halogen Headlight F10's

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 10:42 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After searching for something to get rid of the ?egg yolk? look of the halogen turn signal PY24 bulb on my F10 and not finding anything, I was left with no choice but to spray paint the bulbs silver until a company came out with a solution.

Finally, WeissLicht came out with the PY24 bulb upgrade to LED turn signals for those of us with halogen headlights on our F10's. :happyanim:

I picked up a set from Ian at Bimmian and I honestly am very impressed with the quality and the light output of the LED turn signals. You can either have them in white or amber. Now all of us F10 owners with halogen headlights can get rid of the ?egg yolk? look and get that elegant LED shine without the hassle. No errors too, just plug and play

here is a quick video showing the comparison in illumination
[U2B]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqG3bjCJ3Yw[/U2B]

Before:

After:

If your interested, they can be picked up from Bimmian at the following link

http://www.bimmian.com/WTS
Old 03-15-2011, 07:03 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Haha, did you make the video? I like how it was classical music, and then rap, lol.

Also, it might be because LEDs light up instantly, the frequency/rate that it blinks appears to be a bit faster than the halogen bulb. That is a little less desirable for me, and I wonder why that's the case since I don't notice that on my E60.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:33 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i TITANIUM GREY II on Black Dakota Lthr, Comfort Seats, Sports PKG, Premium PKG, Active/Dynamic Drive, NAV, Winter Package.

I'm little confused with your post and video! All F10 in Canada have LED signal light. How could your F10 have a bulb?

Originally Posted by luigimaster528i
After searching for something to get rid of the ?egg yolk? look of the halogen turn signal PY24 bulb on my F10 and not finding anything, I was left with no choice but to spray paint the bulbs silver until a company came out with a solution.

Finally, WeissLicht came out with the PY24 bulb upgrade to LED turn signals for those of us with halogen headlights on our F10's. :happyanim:

I picked up a set from Ian at Bimmian and I honestly am very impressed with the quality and the light output of the LED turn signals. You can either have them in white or amber. Now all of us F10 owners with halogen headlights can get rid of the ?egg yolk? look and get that elegant LED shine without the hassle. No errors too, just plug and play

here is a quick video showing the comparison in illumination
[U2B]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqG3bjCJ3Yw[/U2B]

Before:

After:

If your interested, they can be picked up from Bimmian at the following link

http://www.bimmian.com/WTS
Old 03-15-2011, 12:46 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

It sounds like the halogen version doesn't have LEDs, only the xenon.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:34 PM
Members

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Haha, did you make the video? I like how it was classical music, and then rap, lol.

Also, it might be because LEDs light up instantly, the frequency/rate that it blinks appears to be a bit faster than the halogen bulb. That is a little less desirable for me, and I wonder why that's the case since I don't notice that on my E60.
Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I busted out that quick video so you guys can see how it looks live. Thanks man!!!
Old 03-15-2011, 01:36 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Moopai
I'm little confused with your post and video! All F10 in Canada have LED signal light. How could your F10 have a bulb?
528i's in the US are not standard with xenon headlamps, you have to purchase the option to have xenons. 535 and 550 are standard with xenons.

Old 06-03-2011, 01:40 AM
Members

How did you access the bulb....through the wheel arch?
Old 06-03-2011, 02:21 PM
Members

Originally Posted by smanoj77
How did you access the bulb....through the wheel arch?
That is correct. There is a little door inside the wheel arch with 2 screws. Unscrew and you have access to the low beam and the turn signal. Do you have the LED's already?
Old 06-03-2011, 04:03 PM
Members

Originally Posted by luigimaster528i
That is correct. There is a little door inside the wheel arch with 2 screws. Unscrew and you have access to the low beam and the turn signal. Do you have the LED's already?
Thx for the info. No, I haven't bought the LEDs yet. I am planning to order them from Bimmian in the US. The ones I could find in europe are from xenon planet. But they only have the white ones, and are not by Weissleicht.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:17 PM
Members

I have an extra set of the WeissLicht bulbs from Bimmian in Amber illumination. PM me if your interested.

Quick Reply: LED Turn Signal for Halogen Headlight F10's