5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   F10 Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/f10-discussion-33/)
-   -   the year long repair ( almost a year) (https://5series.net/forums/f10-discussion-33/year-long-repair-almost-year-148793/)

bulldog sanchez 08-08-2018 02:49 PM

the year long repair ( almost a year)

So I've had my car( 2011 550i xdrive 64xxx mi) at BMW of anchorage since November of 2017 getting repairs done. it started with the car running rich and going into drive train malfunctions repeatedly. since there were recalls on the timing chains and fuel pump i figured that it would be a good time to ship the car to them. here is a list of what was done.
fuel pump
timing chains
varible valve solinoids
cam position sensors
new battery
radiator ( had small leak)
water pump
inter cooler water pump
ignition coils
spark plugs
altenator
bank 1-4 injectors
complete engine harness
new dme
when the repair was finished , the car would read , engine oil at minimum level add oil immediately , and the cel was back on for the rich codes. I am at a loss for what they will want me to change next. this has been about a 8,000.00 bill and still not fixed. i've complained to bmw corporate about this and they did step up a bit. they re sent every part replaced on my car with a tech from California to the shop at their expense and removed my motor and replaced everything again. as of yesterday there is no more oil warning , but the rich codes persist. i do not have a list of the current codes seeing as how the car is in a different city, but as soon as i get them ill post them.
any advice or input is greatly appreciated.

bulldog sanchez 08-08-2018 02:51 PM

these are the codes that my ethos are showing
130c10 crankshaft inlet camshaft , reference didderence outside limit value
11802 mixture control mixture too rich
140302 misfire cyl 3 exhaust gas damaging after
140402 misfire cyl 4 exhaust gas damaging after
14002 misfire multiple cylinders exhaust gas damaging after

Cricketts 09-29-2018 11:52 AM

mass air flow

Originally Posted by bulldog sanchez (Post 1596385)
So I've had my car( 2011 550i xdrive 64xxx mi) at BMW of anchorage since November of 2017 getting repairs done. it started with the car running rich and going into drive train malfunctions repeatedly. since there were recalls on the timing chains and fuel pump i figured that it would be a good time to ship the car to them. here is a list of what was done.
fuel pump
timing chains
varible valve solinoids
cam position sensors
new battery
radiator ( had small leak)
water pump
inter cooler water pump
ignition coils
spark plugs
altenator
bank 1-4 injectors
complete engine harness
new dme
when the repair was finished , the car would read , engine oil at minimum level add oil immediately , and the cel was back on for the rich codes. I am at a loss for what they will want me to change next. this has been about a 8,000.00 bill and still not fixed. i've complained to bmw corporate about this and they did step up a bit. they re sent every part replaced on my car with a tech from California to the shop at their expense and removed my motor and replaced everything again. as of yesterday there is no more oil warning , but the rich codes persist. i do not have a list of the current codes seeing as how the car is in a different city, but as soon as i get them ill post them.
any advice or input is greatly appreciated.

Maybe an obvious qustion: Has the Mass Air Flow Sensor been cleaned or changed??