5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   F10 Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/f10-discussion-33/)
-   -   WTB: Winter Wheel/tire setup (https://5series.net/forums/f10-discussion-33/wtb-winter-wheel-tire-setup-135747/)

Franko 11-02-2013 06:29 AM

WTB: Winter Wheel/tire setup

I know, I know…search the boards! I've done that.

Even though this has been asked umpteen times, I'm going to ask again. I haven't found what I'm looking for, so maybe this will be helpful to me - and some others.

Back story:
I have a '14 550i xDrive on the way (ED in September).
Sport Line, with the Summer Performance wheels/tires.
I live in Colorado and have had a dedicated set of Snow tires/wheels. I want the same for the new car.

Questions/clarification:
- my current set up is staggered, right?
- my current bolt pattern is 5x120, right?
- can i fit any 17", 18", 19" wheel with a 5x120 pattern? or are there width limitations?
- my current car ('04 e60 545) has 18" 124 summers, 17" 138 winters :: would either of these be appropriate/fit my '14 550i xDrive?

I've looked at Tire Rack. It's confusing, overwhelming and its hard to imagine the wheels on my new car.

I'd really like to source someone's take off.'s.

Ok, fire away. Answers, comments, suggestions. All is welcome.

F

grover432 11-04-2013 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Franko (Post 1523301)
I know, I know…search the boards! I've done that.

Even though this has been asked umpteen times, I'm going to ask again. I haven't found what I'm looking for, so maybe this will be helpful to me - and some others.

Back story:
I have a '14 550i xDrive on the way (ED in September).
Sport Line, with the Summer Performance wheels/tires.
I live in Colorado and have had a dedicated set of Snow tires/wheels. I want the same for the new car.

Questions/clarification:
- my current set up is staggered, right?
- my current bolt pattern is 5x120, right?
- can i fit any 17", 18", 19" wheel with a 5x120 pattern? or are there width limitations?
- my current car ('04 e60 545) has 18" 124 summers, 17" 138 winters :: would either of these be appropriate/fit my '14 550i xDrive?

I've looked at Tire Rack. It's confusing, overwhelming and its hard to imagine the wheels on my new car.

I'd really like to source someone's take off.'s.

Ok, fire away. Answers, comments, suggestions. All is welcome.

F

I can't agree that the process at The Tire Rack is complicated. Further, you can see what each wheel style looks like on your car by clicking in the appropriate place. I just bought a set of 18" Rial "Salerno" (silver), Dunlop Wintersport SP 3D DSST 245/45-18's and BMW centre caps, $1,926.00 delivered. I get them Wednesday. Good luck with your search.

Franko 11-07-2013 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by grover432 (Post 1523471)
I can't agree that the process at The Tire Rack is complicated. Further, you can see what each wheel style looks like on your car by clicking in the appropriate place. I just bought a set of 18" Rial "Salerno" (silver), Dunlop Wintersport SP 3D DSST 245/45-18's and BMW centre caps, $1,926.00 delivered. I get them Wednesday. Good luck with your search.

Not 'complicated', just confusing…maybe 'messy' is a better descriptor - too many wheels at first. I guess I would have been better off utilizing the filters more.

In any case, I've picked up a nice set of 351 take-offs.

I'm set.