F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Ultimate Driving Event

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 07:59 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by captharley
Trunk Monkey or money. You need the trunk monkey to beat up the dealer to give you a fair trade in and a fair price on the new vehicle out the door. You need the trunk money to make the deal; unfortunately, there is no mention of trunk money on any website noting dealer incentives.
keep an eye on and/or post on the bimmerfest "ask a dealer" section..

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20

and trunk money can be searched and discussed often there....
Old 06-05-2010, 07:44 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My dealer called me this AM with the word that the "gift" is $1K towards any BMW other than the new 5 purchased before 30 SEPT. SO test drive the new 5 and get an "incentive" to buy another model? Does that make sense? I can test drive the new 2011 models anytime and not have to make this midweek appt to receive a gift that I don't expect to even use. Is this very tricky German thinking? Or what?
Old 06-05-2010, 07:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by captharley
My dealer called me this AM with the word that the "gift" is $1K towards any BMW other than the new 5 purchased before 30 SEPT. SO test drive the new 5 and get an "incentive" to buy another model? Does that make sense? I can test drive the new 2011 models anytime and not have to make this midweek appt to receive a gift that I don't expect to even use. Is this very tricky German thinking? Or what?
What a stupid incentive for driving the F10. The incentive should be to buy the F10. Self-defeating if you ask me.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

We have the UDE here in the uk but it`s 24 months warranty and 24 months Assist for all used cars, im bloody kicking myself that i missed out on that.
Old 06-05-2010, 01:18 PM
Members

Originally Posted by BLooD
We have the UDE here in the uk but it`s 24 months warranty and 24 months Assist for all used cars, im bloody kicking myself that i missed out on that.
Here in the US 2 years of assist costs $400 and most used BMW's come with a Certified used warranty for 2-4 years(but that's part of the price of the car so it is negotiable cost wise. So another instance of gimmickery and little on the side of a substantial giveaway.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 M3 Convertible, Alpine White/black, 6 speed 2011 535xi Tasmin Green, Venetian Beige

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
keep an eye on and/or post on the bimmerfest "ask a dealer" section..

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20

and trunk money can be searched and discussed often there....
Ahem.....FYI, trunk money is a metaphor for a discount. It means literally money that comes with the car, usually a rebate or build out cash.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550i | Silver-Grey- A08 | Premium - Sport Package | Adaptive Headlights | Logic 7 w/ CD Changer | Bluetooth | Park Distance Control | Xenon Headlights | Comfort Access [s]Sprint Booster V1[/s] | K&N filter - Stock Box w/ Charcoal Filter Removed | Clear Side LED Markers | Matte Black Grilles | RPI Air Scoop | RPI 550i GT Exhaust | 12" Kicker w/ AMP | Headlight Euro Overlays | ACS Rep Roof\Trunk Spoilers |MTEC V2 Angel Eyes | 6000k HID Fog Lights | 19" VMR v710 Stag Wheels | Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110 Tires | Debadged | LED Courtesy Door Lamps | Sprint Booster V2 | Painted Calipers | M pedals\shift knob | HID License Plate Bulbs | R1 Drilled\Slotted Rotors | Hawk HPS Brakes| ACS replica front lip |

I was supposed to have my Ultimate driving event for the F10 today, but I'm stuck in Philadelphia.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i -Brilliant Graphite/Oyster 2006 E5004matic- I must have been on drugs when I got this car 2004 545i Black Sapphire/Truffle Brown interior

I attended the event here in Montreal two weekends ago. The F10 is not yet at dealers here in Canada so my purpose of going was to check out the F10 to see if I liked it. I have to say the event was a lot of fun , got to drive an F10 through a slalom course twice and put it through some cool turning and braking excercises. The only problem was the test cars were fully loaded with sport package and dynamic drive, I hope the one I ordered without these features is somewhat as good. They also had some 3 & 1 series cars there to drive but I ducked out after the 5 series as this was the only reason I was there. On my way out I had to complete a survey and was then presented with a certificate that was good for one the following if I purchased or leased a BMW within 90 days.

A) A BMW Driver training Advanced Course
BMW Financial Service Road hazard protection plan for wheels and tires ( Which I plan on taking)
C) $500.00 BMW lifestyle gift certificate

Was at my dealer last night to sign the lease agreement, they had no idea about these certificates, they tried to sell me the same road hazard guarantee for a cost of $ 1050.00 and were not impressed when I reached into my pocket and pulled the certificate out lol.

I will tell you one thing, I pity the person who lands up buying one of the test cars that they were using.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by gabman
I attended the event here in Montreal two weekends ago. The F10 is not yet at dealers here in Canada so my purpose of going was to check out the F10 to see if I liked it. I have to say the event was a lot of fun , got to drive an F10 through a slalom course twice and put it through some cool turning and braking excercises. The only problem was the test cars were fully loaded with sport package and dynamic drive, I hope the one I ordered without these features is somewhat as good. They also had some 3 & 1 series cars there to drive but I ducked out after the 5 series as this was the only reason I was there. On my way out I had to complete a survey and was then presented with a certificate that was good for the following if I purchased or leased a BMW within 90 days.

A) A BMW Driver training Advanced Course
BMW Financial Service Road hazard protection plan for wheels and tires ( Which I plan on taking)
C) $500.00 BMW lifestyle gift certificate

Was at my dealer last night to sign the lease agreement, they had no idea about these certificates, they tried to sell me the same road hazard guarantee for a cost of $ 1050.00 and were not impressed when I reached into my pocket and pulled the certificate out lol.

I will tell you one thing, I pity the person who lands up buying one of the test cars that they were using.
thanx for sharing...

most likely those test cars will become loaners and/or listed as "demo" cars once put up FS
Old 06-08-2010, 04:17 PM
Members

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
thanx for sharing...

most likely those test cars will become loaners and/or listed as "demo" cars once put up FS
I would hope those cars end up at the PDC but will mostly be at some dealers lot via Manheim. Maybe we should start collecting the VINs

Tim

Quick Reply: Ultimate Driving Event