F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Time to get serious about replacing my 530xi

Old 12-08-2012, 01:57 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Time to get serious about replacing my 530xi

My first preference is the 535 xDrive with a similar option level as on my '07 530xi. Except that the "sport" is now the MSport package. Disappointingly, one of my preferred features (Sport/Comfort seats) are now a stand alone option. And so many of the 535s I'm seeing on the local dealer lots have the MSport but the standard seats. I think the regular seats are OK but not nearly as comfortable as I'd prefer.

But more about that later ....

The packages I'm wanting are cold, premium, & tech. With stand alone options including Comfort seats & PDC. PDC is also available bundled in the Driver Assistance Pkg and the add'l cameras might be interesting.

More on that later ....

I'm leaning toward the graphite exterior ... whites or blacks just don't do it for me. Silver is sort of OK but I'm not keen on a black interior. Both my 7's had black interiors - my 530xi is beige and I think that goes well with the darker blues but it's time for a change. The Cinnamon browns look very nice in person as does the gray.

But more on that later ...

Here's the sharp right hand turn at speed ... after all that, I drove a RED X3 with sport and several packages and the 4cyl turbo motor. Damn, it was a hoot to drive!! And because it's heavy on options my dealer tells me most X3 buyers are going for the more lightly optioned cars in his inventory and he'd really put together a sweet deal if I wanted to put make it happen.

So, here's the later ... After two 7 Series I dropped to a 6cyl 5'er ... I'm wondering if I'd kick myself for bringing home a SAV and a 4 cyl SAV at that and have someone tell me, hey

Last edited by luigi524td; 12-08-2012 at 04:59 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:46 PM
Contributors

Smile

Will be closing the deal on a 2013 535xDrive this week. Stay tuned ... already removed some of the LEDs I've installed on my '07 530xi and the LED but not LCI tails. Dealer wants the car with the original 18" sport wheels and Bridgestone Runflats that have been stored for 5 years. So, out they come - will swap them out tomorrow.

So I'll probably sell the CSL aftermarket 18" wheels and all-season UHP tires I've been running.

Stay tuned for updates!
Attached Thumbnails Time to get serious about replacing my 530xi-xi-tires-wheel-set.jpg   Time to get serious about replacing my 530xi-xi-tires-wheel.jpg  
Old 12-20-2012, 06:54 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

nice buddy...congrats...

i think i'll be back to the 5 series (f10) once my current lease is up...the m performance parts for the f10 are
Old 12-20-2012, 06:25 PM
Contributors

Cool

Originally Posted by luigi524td
Will be closing the deal on a 2013 535xDrive this week. Stay tuned ... already removed some of the LEDs I've installed on my '07 530xi and the LED but not LCI tails. Dealer wants the car with the original 18" sport wheels and Bridgestone Runflats that have been stored for 5 years. So, out they come - will swap them out tomorrow.
So I'll probably sell the CSL aftermarket 18" wheels and all-season UHP tires I've been running.
Stay tuned for updates!
Closed the deal ... dealer kicked in enough $$'s to make it worth them taking my CSL Reps and all-season tires. One less thing for me to try and sell. Planning to pick up the car next week. Will post pics when I get back to town.

Still a bit annoyed about probably switching from my Android to an iPhone for complete BMW App integration ... looking for opinions about the necessity to go Apple
Old 12-23-2012, 08:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Just my opinion but I don't see the need to switch. And maybe that's because I don't have the BMW Apps feature but don't really see the usefulness of it. As long as I have the bluetooth connection for hands-free use of the phone, that's all I need. Stick with the phone you like...

And congratulations on the new 535, looking forward to some pics!
Old 12-23-2012, 06:40 PM
Contributors

Smile BMW Apps

Originally Posted by kscarrol
Just my opinion but I don't see the need to switch. And maybe that's because I don't have the BMW Apps feature but don't really see the usefulness of it. As long as I have the bluetooth connection for hands-free use of the phone, that's all I need. Stick with the phone you like...

And congratulations on the new 535, looking forward to some pics!
Thanks ... the X-Mas holidays tied up my dealer's shop so I'll take delivery Thursday. The Tech pkg includes BMW Apps and some features I'm interested in. But, Android phones - depending on os etc permit some but not others.

Since I'm a bit of a tech junkie I'm interested in how well BT music streaming, email, SMS, Social Media, etc play out. I'm not the road warrior I once was - but as I said I'm a bit of a tech junkie. That's as much a thrill for me as an engine tune is for others.

I've spent the last couple of days reading the manual (on-line) to get familiar with the add'l cameras and other features but there's always a learning curve (unlearn the old - learn the new).

But it's probably easier than hopping into an F-22
Old 12-23-2012, 06:55 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

so you will have a review posted before Rudy
Old 12-24-2012, 04:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

^^ Ouch!! Throwing Rudy under the bus...

But so true. Looking forward to hearing Luigi's impressions of his new car.

As for the tech stuff, I understand. As I said, I don't have BMW apps in my car so I guess it is a case of not missing what you don't have!
Old 12-24-2012, 06:11 AM
Contributors

Talking

Originally Posted by kscarrol
^^ Ouch!! Throwing Rudy under the bus...
But so true. Looking forward to hearing Luigi's impressions of his new car.

As for the tech stuff, I understand. As I said, I don't have BMW apps in my car so I guess it is a case of not missing what you don't have!
Play nice or it'll be coal in your xMas stockings

OH -WAIT ... that's an EPA Violation

But, as far as buses go ... I ain't ridin or drivin no stinkin bus
Old 12-28-2012, 06:04 PM
Members

Originally Posted by luigi524td
Since I'm a bit of a tech junkie I'm interested in how well BT music streaming, email, SMS, Social Media, etc play out. I'm not the road warrior I once was - but as I said I'm a bit of a tech junkie. That's as much a thrill for me as an engine tune is for others. :
Can you find someone with an iPhone to try? I'm a techie too, I know that I'd always be thinking what the additional functionality would be like, and what I'd be missing.

I switched to an iPhone and actually am really enjoying it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Time to get serious about replacing my 530xi