F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

For those that say the F10 doesn't handle

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 07:38 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm new to this board and having a quick read through some of the threads and there seems to be so many E60 owners slagging the F10 off because it doesn't handle as well/isn't as much fun.

I don't really understand this. I've test driven the 530d M Sport and it seemed to have a perfect balance between comfort and handling. I at present own a E60 M5 and of course the F10 handles nothing like this, but then I wouldn't expect it to, it's a different kind of car. I want something just that bit more comfortable now and that's why I'm going over to the F10 535D MS, but I wouldn't buy it if it handled like a boat.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:56 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

In most of threads that discuss the F10's handling, or lack there of...at some point in those threads the point of Subjective feel is very hard to measure and varies on an individual basis not to mention what options the F10 being discussed was equipped with. That being said, again...steering feel is very subjective and needs to measured by you personally,. don't make a purchase decision purely based on what's discussed on an internet forum, a test drive with the options you are interested in is a must IMO...

and to the forum indus
Old 11-11-2010, 09:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Sameo, sameo
Old 11-12-2010, 08:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by indus
I'm new to this board and having a quick read through some of the threads and there seems to be so many E60 owners slagging the F10 off because it doesn't handle as well/isn't as much fun.

I don't really understand this. I've test driven the 530d M Sport and it seemed to have a perfect balance between comfort and handling. I at present own a E60 M5 and of course the F10 handles nothing like this, but then I wouldn't expect it to, it's a different kind of car. I want something just that bit more comfortable now and that's why I'm going over to the F10 535D MS, but I wouldn't buy it if it handled like a boat.
Though I haven't driven the new F10, I like it. I can answer those people who complain about its handling and especially the electric power steering. The 5er is inclined to comfort more than ever because it's what today's market demands. But that doesn't mean that the 5er lost its sporting appeal. I believe that the 5 Series is still the best performance car in its segment. And it will always be it. Just look at 2010 September and October global sales. Fantastic figures.
Just one question: have you driven an F10 without M package or sport suspension?
Old 11-12-2010, 10:32 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

Originally Posted by indus

Have you test driven the F10 with the M-Sport suspension and with Adaptive Drive? I am curious how they compare.