F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Spyshot E60 facelift edit probably F10 mule

Old 11-14-2006, 02:20 AM
  #1  
Senior Members
Thread Starter
 
Ralph-NL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 369
My Ride: '04 BMW E60 530d High Executive
Default

Just a little copy paste :

"Here is a quick spy shot of the new upcoming 2008 BMW 5 Series caught testing in Germany. it may look like any other 5-Series but if you look closely you?ll notice a new front bumper that seems to be redesigned to improve cooling which can indicate a new engine and gearbox. You can also see the extended arches that indicate a longer wheelbase. The new 2008 BMW 5 Series might not be as long as the one released especially for China but will have more room and new engine including a new 3.0 liter twin-turbo six-cylinder engine producing about 310 horsepower. A hydrogen-powered motor is also rumored."

edit: Sorry guys this is probably just a F10 mule
Attached Thumbnails Spyshot E60 facelift edit probably F10 mule-spy_shot_bmw_2008_5_series_11_13.jpg  
Ralph-NL is offline  
Old 11-14-2006, 02:30 AM
  #2  
Senior Members
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Chicago, USA
Posts: 1,060
My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del
Default

Extended wheel arches, ala MB, absolutely suck. That design idea is awful. BMW has a great aesthetic going. It should just continue to work with that and leave MB design ideas alone.

I doubt that the final BMW 5 er will look anything like that the car in the photo.
pharding is offline  
Old 11-14-2006, 03:03 AM
  #3  
Senior Members
 
mic325's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 614
My Ride: 05 Silver Grey 523i | Step, M-Kit, M5 Trunk Finisher, 19" ACS Type IV Wheels, Goodyear F1 GS-D3 245/35/19, Grey Dakota Leather, Maple Wood Sycamore Anthracite, Advanced Climate Control, Electric rear sunblind, Electric folding mirrors with automatic anti-dazzle, Lights package, PDC, Rain sensor, Business Radio, CD Changer
Default

Originally Posted by Ralph-NL' post='355926' date='Nov 14 2006, 07:20 PM
Just a little copy paste :

"Here is a quick spy shot of the new upcoming 2008 BMW 5 Series caught testing in Germany. it may look like any other 5-Series but if you look closely you?ll notice a new front bumper that seems to be redesigned to improve cooling which can indicate a new engine and gearbox. You can also see the extended arches that indicate a longer wheelbase. The new 2008 BMW 5 Series might not be as long as the one released especially for China but will have more room and new engine including a new 3.0 liter twin-turbo six-cylinder engine producing about 310 horsepower. A hydrogen-powered motor is also rumored."
Is that a E60 facelift or the F10 test mule? I really doubt they will extend the wheelbase on a facelift model.
mic325 is offline  
Old 11-14-2006, 06:20 AM
  #4  
Members
Senior Members
 
BlaSTiWi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Omaha, NE - USA
Posts: 3,238
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007
Default

Is that an opening duct between the right headlight & the grill to improve cooling?
BlaSTiWi is offline  
Old 11-14-2006, 07:29 AM
  #5  
Senior Members
 
CVTBenhogan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 968
My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i "Ben Hogan's 5 Iron" SilverGrey/Black Sport, L7, NAV, CW, AS, Split FR 2003 Audi A4 3.0 CVT "Part of the Moniker" Silver/Ebony, Prem, CW, Star 17s
Default

Originally Posted by Ralph-NL' post='355926' date='Nov 14 2006, 07:20 AM
Just a little copy paste :

"Here is a quick spy shot of the new upcoming 2008 BMW 5 Series caught testing in Germany. it may look like any other 5-Series but if you look closely you?ll notice a new front bumper that seems to be redesigned to improve cooling which can indicate a new engine and gearbox. You can also see the extended arches that indicate a longer wheelbase. The new 2008 BMW 5 Series might not be as long as the one released especially for China but will have more room and new engine including a new 3.0 liter twin-turbo six-cylinder engine producing about 310 horsepower. A hydrogen-powered motor is also rumored."

edit: Sorry guys this is probably just a F10 mule

If it is an F10 mule, it looks promising as the driver is really grinning.
CVTBenhogan is offline  
Old 11-14-2006, 08:23 AM
  #6  
Contributors
 
subterFUSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Winter Park, FL
Posts: 2,298
My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats
Default

F10 Mule.





subterFUSE is offline  
Old 11-14-2006, 08:35 AM
  #7  
Senior Members
 
Matt BMW California's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Livermore, California
Posts: 310
My Ride: 2006 550i Build date 11/2005 options include: cold weather package/ convenience package/premium sound package/ sport package/sunshades/Navigation/ V3 cradle/ OE 166 wheels/M-tech upgrade/M rear spoiler/ racemesh m-tech grill/racemesh kidney grills/M5 mirrors/M5 steering wheel/ HID fog light conversion/ M5 SMG paddles
Default

Originally Posted by BlaSTiWi' post='355987' date='Nov 14 2006, 07:20 AM
Is that an opening duct between the right headlight & the grill to improve cooling?
good observation!! I bet it is - seems pointless with the grills right beside it though...
Matt BMW California is offline  
Old 11-14-2006, 01:17 PM
  #8  
Senior Members
Thread Starter
 
Ralph-NL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 369
My Ride: '04 BMW E60 530d High Executive
Default

Originally Posted by Matt BMW California' post='356033' date='Nov 14 2006, 06:35 PM
good observation!! I bet it is - seems pointless with the grills right beside it though...
RAM-air
Ralph-NL is offline  
Old 11-14-2006, 09:02 PM
  #9  
Contributors
 
pinguhk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 21,272
Default

Originally Posted by pharding' post='355929' date='Nov 14 2006, 07:30 PM
Extended wheel arches, ala MB, absolutely suck. That design idea is awful. BMW has a great aesthetic going. It should just continue to work with that and leave MB design ideas alone.

I doubt that the final BMW 5 er will look anything like that the car in the photo.
ya thank god I have my 1 and not the new 1 yuck
pinguhk is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Kasmo
E60 Discussion
18
Yesterday 07:18 AM
Bayerisch Reisenden
F10 M5 Discussion
0
04-23-2015 01:33 AM
trev0006
F10 M5 Discussion
1
04-03-2015 05:32 PM
ZeZe
E60 Discussion
0
10-15-2003 12:58 PM
das
Press Articles & Your Comments
0
06-02-2003 04:10 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Spyshot E60 facelift edit probably F10 mule


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.