F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

New owner

Old 10-29-2011, 04:08 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I decided to trade my 335i coupe. I was enjoying driving it, but commuting in it day in and day out was a gymnastic exercise that was taking away from it.

I found a loaded F10 xdrive with 17K miles on it. The previous owner had checked almost every option box. The only major options it did NOT have were Night Vision and Rear Entertainment. The price was decent but it was not certified by the dealer.

While on the test drive, I told the salesman how I have purchased a few "mistake" cars, usually manny tranny 5 series. He lights up and tells me how his store has about a dozen of such cars, but that there is one in particular that I might want to see.

We get back to the store and he takes me to the car. Cashmere Silver with Veneto Beige interior. 6 speed. Sport Package, Premium 1 and 2. Not as loaded as the other car, but a year of warranty more and a much more attractive color combination. Not xdrive. We take it for a spin.

What an interesting feeling. Here is a car that pretty much has the dimensions of my old E65 745 with the engine of my soon-to-be-gone 335. I figure out that they've had the car for 10 months. And I can get my 1,000 from BMW CCA.

I go for the brand new car. I get on the highway and the skies open up. I start thinking, the xDrive would be nice right now. But the car holds its own.

The only strange thing is that I'm used to determining shift points by engine noise and exhaust as much as tach readings. I can barely hear the engine. So I have to rely on other inputs, including the shift light on the tach.

But I do like the car and look forward to learning more about it here.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:37 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Yes, the F10 5-series car feels large (must have PDC) and yes, the xDrive is a nice alternative (right now in the NE US).
But no for the 6-speed.