F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

NeedA/C Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 06:27 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2013 528i
Default NeedA/C Help

A/C is blowing hot air. Compressor is not cycling. I have high pressure on the low side and low pressure on the high side, which is typically indicative of a bad compressor. The compressor clutch is not engaging. I have 12V steady at the compressor even when car is switched off. I would normally assume that it is just a bad compressor. However, the only issue that is throwing me off is the fact that the blower stays on even when the car is switched off. I have to start the car back up to turn off the blower and turn it off again before it has time to kick back in. All fuses for ac system seem to be ok. Any suggestions other than taking it to the dealer? I really enjoy trying to fix myself but I am a little perplexed on this issue.
Old 08-19-2017, 12:18 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2013 528i
Default Update

I couldn't figure it out and no one had any suggestions so I broke down and took the car to the dealership. I thought I would give an update in case anyone else has the same issues and happens upon this post.

The dealer says that it is in fact the final stage resistor causing all the issues. I'm still not completely convinced. However, they are changing the resistor to the tune of about $600. I'll update later on whether or not the resistor fixes the issues.