F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Need Help With Color Choices!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 02:56 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be ordering my 535I X Drive Tuesday and I am having a hard time with two color choice!! I went to the dealer today to see if they had them on the lot and no luck. I have seen pictures but wanted to see in person. So I am going to ask you guys for help. This is what I am ordering!

Please share Pros and Cons about these colors!!!

Color Choices:

Deep Sea Blue/ w/Oyster Black interior OR

Mohavie Metallic / w/ Cinnamon Dakota interior

Sport Package
Premium
Premium 2
Sport Transmition with Shift Paddles on the steering wheel.

Now if you guys already have this color and combination please send me pictures.

I have look at the BMW site and I am having a hard time.

Thanks in advance

Tom
Old 10-24-2010, 04:33 PM
Members

both look reallyy niccee i havent seen a bmw with Mohavie Metallic paint yet, but for me i love the deep sea blue with the black interior
Old 10-24-2010, 06:07 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 F10 528i - Imperial Blue, Oyster/Black, Premium, Premium 2, Cold Weather, Xenons.

My dealer had a Mohavie with Cinnamon that I test drove. I must say I was underwhelmed by the color combo.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:36 AM
Members

Tom,

I wish I could show you pictures but I am not savvy enough to do that. For what it is worth, I took delivery in September of a Mohave 535i with Venitian Beige. I felt the cinnamon, although great by itself, did not give enough contrast with the Mojave. I think the mojave with the beige is very rich looking and you don't see it ever, which I like. Mojave was a color previously available on the 7 series.

Fred
Old 10-25-2010, 07:45 AM
Members

Originally Posted by freberta
Tom,

I wish I could show you pictures but I am not savvy enough to do that. For what it is worth, I took delivery in September of a Mohave 535i with Venitian Beige. I felt the cinnamon, although great by itself, did not give enough contrast with the Mojave. I think the mojave with the beige is very rich looking and you don't see it ever, which I like. Mojave was a color previously available on the 7 series.

Fred
Fred,

Thanks, go ahead and give it a try and post some pictures!! I am pretty sure you will do a great job

Tom
Old 10-25-2010, 08:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Titanium Gray 550i, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound Package, Sport Package, Shadowline trim, Parking Distance Conrol, Xenon, Adaptive Headlight Control, Navigation System, Satellite

Hope this helps..
Attached Thumbnails Need Help With Color Choices!-f10mojave3.jpg   Need Help With Color Choices!-f10mojave.jpg   Need Help With Color Choices!-f10mojave2.jpg  
Old 10-25-2010, 10:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Hi snakeman56 and welcome to the Forum.

Black or dark ext with a black or dark int or a light int.

I did go for a black ext and very light int and a lot of chrome.
Attached Thumbnails Need Help With Color Choices!-eky-8.jpg   Need Help With Color Choices!-eky-1.jpg   Need Help With Color Choices!-eky-6-recycled.jpg  
Old 10-26-2010, 09:58 AM
Members

Thank you all for the suggestions!!

I went to my local dealer where I had gotten my 2002 325XI. Well this is what I decided to get and it will be here in a few days. I was going to use a broker and would had to wait 90 to 120 days to get a newly ordered one.

The dealer had one that was on it's way.
535I X Drive
Deep Sea Blue
Oyster/Black interior
Cold Weather Package
Premium and Premium 2 Packages
Sport Package
Sport Transmission
Split Rear Folding Seats.

While at the dealer they had a 535 in the mohave with black interior and it just did not tickled my fancy. But they had one in Deep Sea Blue and it sure was awesome looking. I also saw the oyster/black in another car and it sure looks sweet. I know that I will have to pay more attention to the cleaning of it. But I really like the combination

Now it does have a few options I could have done without but since it's on the truck to be delivered I said what the heck. I went for it, the 2 options were Cold Weather and split rear seat. The dealer discounted it $1905 from the MSRP and they do not charge any dealer prep. They gave me more that I expected for the 325XI in trade in. So I get a $550 + in sale tax credit. I also had a pre approved loan with my credit union for 2.99%. Well the dealer call me and the credit department got me a 2.34% with Chase bank. I just emailed my credit union and asked it they can beat the rate!!

So what do you guys think did I do alright????? also they let me keep the 325 until the new arrives!!!
Old 10-26-2010, 12:03 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 523iA, 2006, Silver Grey, Black Leatherette Interior, Fine-Wood Trim Poplar Grain Brown High-Gloss, 6 Speed Automatic Transmission with Steptronic, Automatic Air Conditioning with Extended Content, Interior and Exterior Mirrors with Automatic Anti-Dazzle Function (Incl. Folding Function for Exterior Mirror), Electric Front Seats with Memory for Driver, Multi-Function Steering Wheel with Cruise Control, Adjustable Steering Column, BMW Radio with 8 Speakers and CD Drive, Park Distance Control, Universal Bluetooth Cell Phone, Electric Rear Sunblind

Originally Posted by snakeman56
Thank you all for the suggestions!!

I went to my local dealer where I had gotten my 2002 325XI. Well this is what I decided to get and it will be here in a few days. I was going to use a broker and would had to wait 90 to 120 days to get a newly ordered one.

The dealer had one that was on it's way.
535I X Drive
Deep Sea Blue
Oyster/Black interior
Cold Weather Package
Premium and Premium 2 Packages
Sport Package
Sport Transmission
Split Rear Folding Seats.

While at the dealer they had a 535 in the mohave with black interior and it just did not tickled my fancy. But they had one in Deep Sea Blue and it sure was awesome looking. I also saw the oyster/black in another car and it sure looks sweet. I know that I will have to pay more attention to the cleaning of it. But I really like the combination

Now it does have a few options I could have done without but since it's on the truck to be delivered I said what the heck. I went for it, the 2 options were Cold Weather and split rear seat. The dealer discounted it $1905 from the MSRP and they do not charge any dealer prep. They gave me more that I expected for the 325XI in trade in. So I get a $550 + in sale tax credit. I also had a pre approved loan with my credit union for 2.99%. Well the dealer call me and the credit department got me a 2.34% with Chase bank. I just emailed my credit union and asked it they can beat the rate!!

So what do you guys think did I do alright????? also they let me keep the 325 until the new arrives!!!
Snakeman,

You did absolutely right and the Deep Sea Blue is a great choice of color. My test drive loaner had the same exterior and looked brilliant in the sun. I think in is better than the Mohave.

Hope you enjoy your new drive when it arrives