F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

My First Post and My New 2011 550i...

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 09:25 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Congrats for the very fine F10 and welcome to the Forum Petes550i

That's the nicest combo I've seen on a F10 yet.

PS. The tint could have been ordered OEM.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:47 PM
Contributors

Really nice, Pete. Looks like we're neighbors basically. (barrington)
Old 06-22-2010, 01:19 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F10 M5
Model Year: 2013

Very nice!
Old 06-22-2010, 01:26 PM
Members

congrats on your new car
Old 06-22-2010, 01:44 PM
Contributors

Welcome aboard, glad you joined us here. WOW what a great looking machine!

Great pics ... the interior lighting looks excellent and I had not seen photos like that yet. Well done.

It is interesting to read how you were at first going to get the 535i ... what swung the purchase of the 550i? How does she drive?

I think you are the first Chicago-area F10 owner here ... can I have a ride?
Old 06-22-2010, 05:13 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by Petes550i
You guys have a great forum here! Such a wealth of great info. on everything 5! I took a peek at Roadfly to see what's going over there and was surprised to see how different it's become since the last time I actively participated....it's almost dead! What happened?
Wanna know what happened? 5Series.net happened!

Take a quick read of the following to learn a bit more about what I mean:
https://5series.net/forums/topic/380...ed-this-forum/
Old 06-22-2010, 05:31 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 BMW 550i; Dark Graphite Metalliic/Oyster, 4.4 TT V8, 8-sp AT, Sports Package, Dynamic Handling, Premium Package 2, Cold Weather Package, HUD

Once again, thanks for all the compliments and the warm welcome guys! I really appreciate it! Yeah, a few weeks ago, I was ready to order the 2011 535ix. As I was filling out the order form with my sales agent for the 535iX, the total cost kept going up and up as I added the options I wanted......sports package, premium package 2, dynamic handling, cold weather....came out to almost $68K! I then thought for that price, I might as well get a 550i.....which was only a little bit more but a lot more powerful. Well it just so happened that there was a super nice and relatively loaded 550i in my dealer's lot that day. My last 4 cars have been black/black combos so this graphite/oyster combo was a nice change for me. After a 30min test-drive, I was instantly smitten! I've owned 4 other 5 series in the past 10-11 years, and I thought this was easily the best! This is the smoothest riding car I've ever driven! It's as quiet as a Lexus LS460 when cruising around town but once you put it in Sport/Sport+ mode, the character of the car totally changes and it becomes a serious sports sedan (But even in Sports mode, though, the car is never harsh and never loses its composure even on rough roads). Unlike the Infiniti M56S which I test-drove last month, my 550i always seem to be in right gear and the shifts are ultra-smooth and precise. I'm still breaking-in my car gradually, but a few instances where I've been a little aggressive with my right foot, the car responds beautifully and takes off like there was an afterburner bolted in the back! I know there some E60 owners here who don't like the direction BMW is going with the F10 and I totally understand that. When I had my '09 Acura TL recently, I'd heard a lot of previous-gen TL owners hated that their favorite car had gotten bigger, heavier and lazy. But it seems nowdays, a lot of automakers are going this route. I think more and more people are wanting cars to be safer, more refined, more roomier, and more luxurious....and this causes new cars to become bigger and heavier. What's really nice about the new 550i is that despite the weight gain, handling is still fantastic (esp. in Sport+ mode) and feels more nimble than it really should be. As far as losing AWD capability, I really won't miss it. I think for those of us who live in big metropolitan cities (with good snow removal), AWD is not really necessary....it only adds extra weight and complexity to the car and hinders performance. I'm going to get some good snow tires in the winter and I should be fine. So, all-in-all, I'm estatic about this car and am hoping for long love affair.....until the next 5 series that is!
Old 06-22-2010, 06:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Welcome aboard, Pete. This one little strip of chrome on the handle kills me. It's terrible, but I know why they did it. It was asked by a BMWCCA member at the NY Auto Show and BMW reps told us the reason. I guess it makes sense, but I'm still not sold on it. Hopefully, there will be a mod to swap these out. Hahahahaha!

Congrats and again, welcome aboard!

Originally Posted by Petes550i
Old 06-22-2010, 06:29 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer
Welcome aboard, Pete. This one little strip of chrome on the handle kills me. It's terrible, but I know why they did it. It was asked by a BMWCCA member at the NY Auto Show and BMW reps told us the reason. I guess it makes sense, but I'm still not sold on it. Hopefully, there will be a mod to swap these out. Hahahahaha!

Congrats and again, welcome aboard!
what is the reason for the strip C?
Old 06-22-2010, 06:33 PM
Contributors

Love the amber on the doors. Man, more reasons to get the F10.

Quick Reply: My First Post and My New 2011 550i...