F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Me too! Me too!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 09:56 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This about sums it up: Looks good on the laptop screen, totally un-inspiring in person. Honestly...its not a bad looking car per se, but totally boring IMO...I did a once around...and just walked away lol...really boring. I hope the M-Tech package will look better, but I like the E60 a LOT more....ESPECIALLY with M-Tech.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:07 PM
Members

My Ride: Titanium Silver 2004 525i, style 116 alloys,

Had a look around a black 523i, agree - exterior isn't anything too extra-ordinary. Interior very nice though!
Old 06-07-2010, 03:33 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by Markymark
Had a look around a black 523i, agree - exterior isn't anything too extra-ordinary. Interior very nice though!
Yea interior is real nice, except for the hydraulic parking brake...sucks...
Old 06-07-2010, 05:49 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 Porsche 911 c2s, 01 BMW 740il, 05 BMW 525i, 06 Acura TSX navi

Definately not as stricking as the e60, but then again people said the e60 was too bold. So i guess they tamed it down.
I think the car looks better in certain colors vs. others.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by Krozi
This about sums it up: Looks good on the laptop screen, totally un-inspiring in person. Honestly...its not a bad looking car per se, but totally boring IMO...I did a once around...and just walked away lol...really boring. I hope the M-Tech package will look better, but I like the E60 a LOT more....ESPECIALLY with M-Tech.
That's the way the E60 looked when it first came out 7+ years ago, so we shall see. I almost bought my E39 after seeing the E60 for the first time, but am sure glad I didn't. I'm truly hoping the same goes for the F10. I have a feeling the M-Tech Kit and a new variety of sport wheels will change all of our minds. I know BMW has many employee's that read all the boards to review various feedback on all new models, and I'd have to believe this is one of the major sticking points -- so much so, that it might even cost them sales. I know a few members on this board that recently returned their E60's and went to other models. Some even went to other brands. Some of these members have been on here since 2004 and are old timers, when it comes to owning BMW's, especially the 5 series. I think that says something. Hoping this means they push for a quicker release date of that kit...
Old 06-07-2010, 06:06 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer
That's the way the E60 looked when it first came out 7+ years ago, so we shall see. I almost bought my E39 after seeing the E60 for the first time, but am sure glad I didn't. I'm truly hoping the same goes for the F10. I have a feeling the M-Tech Kit and a new variety of sport wheels will change all of our minds. I know BMW has many employee's that read all the boards to review various feedback on all new models, and I'd have to believe this is one of the major sticking points -- so much so, that it might even cost them sales. I know a few members on this board that recently returned their E60's and went to other models. Some even went to other brands. Some of these members have been on here since 2004 and are old timers, when it comes to owning BMW's, especially the 5 series. I think that says something. Hoping this means they push for a quicker release date of that kit...
Well in Europe they had the M-Tech almost from the get-go....I hope we get it soon! Judging from the E9X, it'll take 3-4 years again...

At least people were up in arms when the E60 came out....people hated it, or loved it. It got some real critique...when people see the F10, it seems they just have the reaction of "hmmm...that's cool...maybe I'll pick this up some day...moving on."