F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Make you feel old

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 06:40 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011 550i M-Sport xDrive
Model Year: 2017

Originally Posted by V70Cat
Geobmw,

I think your comments and advice with regard to DHP is helpful. Given the size of the car I think that cameras or park distance might be worth getting. I have park distance on my E61 and really like it.

With regard to my Town Car comment it was Pete that had to debate it and not understand the analogy.

As far as other discussions I was wondering what kind of mpg are you getting with the 550 and does anyone own the F535?
My mpg is not great because I have a lead foot. For city driving I get around 12-14 mpg, for highway - 20-22 mpg.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:02 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i 2006 BMW X3

Originally Posted by Ricracing
Takes some time to get used to it - in this age. But then

Used to drive a '78 New Yorker 440 ci in Ann Arbor, MI in '79 and a '73 Buick Electra 455 ci around mid '80's over here,
both 4 door hardtops and loaded.
I just loved both cars.
My father had a '75 Chrysler New Yorker with the 440. Loved the WHOMP when the 4 barrels kicked in. Not quick like a muscle car but it would move quite well compared to other cars at that time.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:13 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 550i M Sport

As far as other discussions I was wondering what kind of mpg are you getting with the 550 and does anyone own the F535?
My 550i M Sport gives between 25.7 and 28MPG.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:16 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 BMW 550i; Dark Graphite Metalliic/Oyster, 4.4 TT V8, 8-sp AT, Sports Package, Dynamic Handling, Premium Package 2, Cold Weather Package, HUD

Pete this is not "your own board" you don't own it.

I am sure you like your F11 and have pride of ownership but if someone says something negative about the car it is not personnel.

Please put your gun away and enjoy your car and the discussion.

Geez, you guys are no fun.

No, I don't "own" this board but you detractors/haters certainly seem to with all the flame-baited threads and posts that have appeared around here lately.

Just as you think you have the right to post negative stuff about the car here, I have just as much right to defend it....this IS a F10 forum after all.

What I don't understand is why guys like you and Diamond keep wanting to post stuff about the car if you don't care for it. Just say you don't like it and move on.....coming back time and again to post shit is going to do nothing but make you look like fools and Trolls. Why can't you just enjoy your E60 and leave it at that? Why the need to come here and mock the F10 and its owners?

Go out and buy yourself a F10.......you know you want to.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:18 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Petes550i

No, I don't "own" this board but you detractors/haters certainly seem to with all the flame-baited threads and posts that have appeared around here lately.

Just as you think you have the right to post negative stuff about the car here, I have just as much right to defend it....this IS a F10 forum after all.

What I don't understand is why guys like you and Diamond keep wanting to post stuff about the car if you don't care for it. Just say you don't like it and move on.....coming back time and again to post shit is going to do nothing but make you look like fools and Trolls. Why can't you just enjoy your E60 and leave it at that? Why the need to come here and mock the F10 and its owners?

This could be the old "Jealousy Syndrome" again, get it everywhere.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:23 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 BMW 550i; Dark Graphite Metalliic/Oyster, 4.4 TT V8, 8-sp AT, Sports Package, Dynamic Handling, Premium Package 2, Cold Weather Package, HUD

Originally Posted by johnbmwx6
My 550i M Sport gives between 25.7 and 28MPG.

Wow, that's hard to believe seeing that you're driving in the UK with its traffic.

Maybe that's really a diesel under your hood?
Old 02-12-2011, 07:25 AM
Members

Wow, that's hard to believe seeing that you're driving in the UK with its traffic.

Maybe that's really a diesel under your hood?
LoL no mate I drive "out of town" most times thats why I think.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:27 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535XIT Space Gray, Cream Beige LeatherCold Weather, Premium, Auto, Rear Side Window Shapes, Heated Rear Seats, Park Distance, Navigation, Satellite Radio
Model Year: 08

Because someone says something negative about the F11 they are a troll or a fool?
Old 02-12-2011, 07:43 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535XIT Space Gray, Cream Beige LeatherCold Weather, Premium, Auto, Rear Side Window Shapes, Heated Rear Seats, Park Distance, Navigation, Satellite Radio

The MPG is interesting I get about 22 mpg avg with my E61 535 but that is with mostly highway. I have gotten better mpg on the highway with the 535 than a 328 or a 528. It seems that the 8 can yield good highway mpg?

My old 4.4 X5 got fair highway millage but was really bad around town.

I am sure that the turbo 8 can eat more gas if you press hard around town but that can be fun and you don't have to. It seems that almost no one has a F 535 is that because of a production delay or other reason?
Old 02-12-2011, 07:49 AM
Senior Members

The 528 loaner had auto park feature and it was interesting.

It worked well but not sure of the purpose?
Does it make it easier to drive the car or does it yield fuel savings since the car is not in drive and therefore you need less gas to idle.

Quick Reply: Make you feel old