F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Lemon Law Claim in Texas - 2011 550i (Houston)

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 02:53 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lemon Law Claim in Texas - 2011 550i (Houston)

So after reading many posts and websites about the Lemon law process, my situation has gone from bad to worse. I won't get into all of the details and dates about my claims, accept that dealership has had multiple attempts to repair the problems. In no particular order, I have experienced the following:

1. Excessive oil consumption which I reported from the first time my gauge was at the minimum level within the first two months. I was brushed off saying this was normal. On two separate occasions after raising a Lemon concern, leaks were found and equipment was faulty. For over 27,000 miles the excessive consumption was going on.

2. I've had cold start and starter hesitations issues throughout the life of the vehicle. They persist to this day.

3. The car pulls to the right. It has been "repaired" no less than on five separate occasions with the last being the official BMW tech acknowledging the defect and then suggesting the solution to the problem would be new tires. My issue with this is that I no longer have factory run flats on the car because those only lasted 8,000 miles. BMW acknowledged there was nothing technically wrong with the tires. The tread is fine, etc. but that was still the source of the problem. I call BS.

4. The car has had drivetrain malfunctions no fewer than four times. I've been towed twice after completely braking down with major engine malfunction.

5. Finally, the car has "surged" on me on multiple occasions. Once it was at a train stop with a train. I am not making this up. Scared the crap out of me.

IMO, I thought my offer to give me fair market value for a trade and a new vehicle at manufacturer's cost (cost to make vehicle not dealer cost) was a fair settlement. Finally I took my issues to the general manager to see if there was anything he could do. He steps right in and is on it. Offers me a really fair deal, incentives, etc. I'm very pleased. Then it turns out the dealership across town won't give up the new car I want. Next, BMW NA gets word of the deal I'm trying to settle and they shut it down completely! WTF?

Needless, to say I'm very frustrated. Thoughts? Suggestions?