5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   F10 Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/f10-discussion-33/)
-   -   iDrive Random Language Change (https://5series.net/forums/f10-discussion-33/idrive-random-language-change-144836/)

robg520d 05-04-2016 12:19 PM

iDrive Random Language Change

I seem to be having an issue with my 2010 F10 520d SE where the language keeps changing on its own to German and then eventually back to English. I can start the car, the iDrive displays German menus, drive for 20-30 mins and it will change back to English. This used to be every so often, but now its everytime i start the car. When it is in German, the bluetooth phone connection doesn't work and the display for the PDC doesn't show, although it still beeps like normal and it won't let me manually change the language back.

This has really got me puzzled! It's got to be a software glitch, has anyone come across the same random behaviour?

F10Herts 10-24-2016 05:06 AM

iDrive Language change to German

I have experienced a similar issue with my 2010 F10 525d where the language on the main iDrive menus kept changing from English to German and then back again. Over a period of time the language has changed permanently to German and now I am unable to complete functions like resetting tyre pressure warning or paring my phone.

This has got me puzzled too. Has anyone else had a similar experience and more importantly found a solution?

I am considering booking it in to my local Sytner for a diagnostic/software upgrade but will this resolve the issue???

Thanks.

alexj2406 02-23-2017 10:52 AM

Any update on this guys? My 2011 528i is having a similar issue. It allows me to change the language back to English, but none of my radio buttons work, it wont display things under vehicle status and like yours Herts it used to happen every now and then when I turned the car on but now it happens almost every time i turn the car on. This is getting really annoying. Any info is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Eddie P 02-28-2017 12:18 PM

Things to check:
Is the car battery in good shape?
Is the key fob battery in good shape?
If either are drained, this could be probable cause.
Failing that, try resetting it. Press and hold the volume button in for 30 sec. That said, some software versions reportedly do not reboot like this.
Last resort...software and map update at the dealer. Expensive though.
Good luck.

James799 11-30-2018 12:37 PM

same problem

Hi dude. So 2 years later and I have the
Exact same problems. It’s actually making me lose sleep, I’m baffled. Did you ever manage to get yours sorted? Thanks

Noah1911 06-08-2020 09:09 PM

Did anyone ever find a fix for this problem my 535i just started doing it also.

Issam Ahmad Khaled 05-19-2021 10:51 AM

Have fi

Originally Posted by Noah1911 (Post 1605977)
Did anyone ever find a fix for this problem my 535i just started doing it also.

have you fix it?

Issam Ahmad Khaled 05-19-2021 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by James799 (Post 1597750)
Hi dude. So 2 years later and I have the
Exact same problems. It’s actually making me lose sleep, I’m baffled. Did you ever manage to get yours sorted? Thanks

hello i have the same shit did you solved it?

seanjordan20 05-19-2021 11:38 AM

iDrive needs to be updated. Did you change the battery recently and or time to change the battery.

ericmorina 06-25-2021 03:32 AM

Jst update your software. Custom software development companies https://mlsdev.com/services/dedicated-development-team specialize in content management systems development. These companies build applications and packages that make it possible for users to manage content online. If your business requirements include managing large number of documents and files for business decisions or inventory, it is possible to make use of content management system. This helps to simplify the work process and streamline operations.