F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

I guess all the dealers are getting their first shipment of F10s

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 06:28 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 08 Porsche 911 c2s, 01 BMW 740il, 05 BMW 525i, 06 Acura TSX navi

I just got a call for my SA that the F10s are here to check out.
Going there to check it out. I am also considering E-class W212 platform against the F10. One thing the MB has I really wish the F10 had was massaging seats. :-)
So really looking to test drive the F10 and compare to W212. My brother-in-law is in love with the f10.

Also looks like I am gonna keep the e60 as the prices has dropped so much that my e60 costs less than a 4 cylinder accord. :-(
And it is CPO with 100k miles maint. warranty. Might as keep it as beater to my beater.
Old 05-23-2010, 01:30 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 530i Individual, DVD Package, HUD, Bluetooth, Comfort Seats, SR, etc

Originally Posted by RJH&CO
I just got a call for my SA that the F10s are here to check out.
Going there to check it out. I am also considering E-class W212 platform against the F10. One thing the MB has I really wish the F10 had was massaging seats. :-)
So really looking to test drive the F10 and compare to W212. My brother-in-law is in love with the f10.

Also looks like I am gonna keep the e60 as the prices has dropped so much that my e60 costs less than a 4 cylinder accord. :-(
And it is CPO with 100k miles maint. warranty. Might as keep it as beater to my beater.
You know I have been selling quite a few E W212 Avantgarde top of the line,and frankly speaking the interior fit and finish is really not what it should be in car that's worth so much. In the F10 it really shows how much hard these folks worked but on the W212 the work is really not showing, cheap materials, dodgy aircon controls at the bottom and hard to reach when in P which is the case always when u get in and start the car and there is not marking what button turns on what unless u press a button only then the display shows blower , temp etc, but before that its totally dark....n sign of which ones for fan and which ones for setting and temp... its pretty to look in the front but the back I am sorry looks like an older gen Sonata....
Old 05-23-2010, 02:39 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Late 2005 M5 in Silverstone Metallic II with Full Black Leather Interior. SMG, LOGIC7, Heated Front Seats, Rear Electric Sun Blind, Comms Package, Professional Nav, TV Function, Extended Voice Control, Adaptive Headlights

I have noticed that Mercedes build quality, especially US market ones, is AWFUL!! My dad had a BRAND NEW SL55 AMG which he bought from Orlando Merc on Millenia Dr, and the quality was awful. I was out there for a while shortly after he got it, and as I was insured on it too, I took it for a spin down to Miami to see my bro, and on the way down, one of the side reflectors fell off and the door trim, the wooden bit, came off too! Could NOT believe it. I was just north of Millenia Mall on I-4 at the time, so went in to show them and get them to fix it if possible, and they GLUED the trim back on and said they'd have to wait for a reflector to come in. Not only was I not impressed with the quality of the car, I was appauled by the service I received from the guys there too. Sadly it's the same in the UK too.

MB just haven't got it right at all. Shame really. Goes to show how superior BMW are in comparison...
Old 05-23-2010, 03:32 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 530i Individual, DVD Package, HUD, Bluetooth, Comfort Seats, SR, etc

I am in the car import business and MB is the one of the worst quality feed back I get from my buyers

top 5 problematic cars within my clients

1) Range Rover (ANY MODEL YEAR)
2)Mercedes Benz E Class (2002-2009)
3)VW Models
4)Mazda RX8's
5) Jaguar S Type
Old 06-03-2010, 07:06 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 Porsche 911 c2s, 01 BMW 740il, 05 BMW 525i, 06 Acura TSX navi

So yeah, no doubt about it. Today i went to eat kabob with my friend and there was a black E350 parked in front of me. I looked at it and looked nice, but wasn't crazy about it. Then later in the evening I stopped off at the bmw dealer and saw the new 550i. Although I did not drive the car, I am still grinning. It looked AMAZING. blew the doors off the MB W212. i have never owned a MB, mostly porsches and Bmw(s). I am 100% convinced that is the car i want as my DD. I called my wife on the way home and told her that I am in LOVE and she said i was crazy..

So here comes friday, i will spend hours configuring what colors to go with.

Saad,

It's definately oyster interior but the exterior either space gray or saphire black. Can't wait to slap some 21" Alpina(s) or HRE P40 Monoblock brushed on that bad boy as first of few mods. And yes, it will surely need coilovers. As the car really sits hi.

RJ