F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Hate the Wate

Old 06-22-2011, 12:11 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ordered my new 535xi on June 1st. Dealer told me it would be here in 3 to 8 weeks. After reading some of these posts seems like I will be looking more at 8 weeks if I am lucky. The wait is killing me. Ordered Jet Black with Cinnamon interior. I didn't realize it came with the grey headliner and when I called to add the anthracite headliner my rep told me since we had a VIN already and the car was in production it was too late. Anyone know if it is possible to change the headliner after you get the car to black???
Old 06-22-2011, 12:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Hi rojames and welcome to the Forum.

The wait sucks, many of us are familiar whith that :thumbsdown:

Jet Black is a new color for the F10, called Black II in the EU.
Keep it waxed and it will look much better than any other black even a bit dirty
Old 06-22-2011, 12:54 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by rojames
Ordered my new 535xi on June 1st. Dealer told me it would be here in 3 to 8 weeks. After reading some of these posts seems like I will be looking more at 8 weeks if I am lucky. The wait is killing me. Ordered Jet Black with Cinnamon interior. I didn't realize it came with the grey headliner and when I called to add the anthracite headliner my rep told me since we had a VIN already and the car was in production it was too late. Anyone know if it is possible to change the headliner after you get the car to black???
If your car is already in production, depending on where you might be able to change the headliner color. If not, just ask you dealer to cxl your order and configure one to your order and liking. The last thing you want is taking delivery of a car that you don't like/want. Your CA might be a little peeved, but if he's good he'll do the right thing and get you the car you really want. Of course the wait might be a bit longer, but IMO it's worth the wait to get the exact car/config you want....

retrofitting the headliner is possible, but will cost you...
Old 06-22-2011, 01:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
retrofitting the headliner is possible, but will cost you...
Not an smart option :thumbsdown:

I have the grey headliner and it don't bother at all.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by Ricracing
perhaps, but the OP did ask if it was possible...

yes, but that's you...the OP might feel otherwise
Old 06-22-2011, 06:13 PM
New Members

Old 06-22-2011, 06:17 PM
New Members

thanks for the feedback...its gonna be really tough to wait the remaining 4 weeks hopefully the max but i don't think I can cancel and have to wait another 2 months if I cancel the order and reconfig...this is my first bmw and i am like a kid counting down the hours for christmas...does anyone have any good interior pics of the cinnamon with grey headliner??