F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

TPMS Malfunction!

Old 03-13-2017, 06:57 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011 550i GT Sport pkg
Default TPMS Malfunction!

My car's battery was going dead so I had to drop if off for replacement. Had the mechanic complete an oil change as well and it turns out I needed rear brake rotors and pads. I knew this was coming so no surprise there. They replaced the battery, did the oil change, as well as the brakes. When I picked up the car, there was a message that the TPMS was resetting. I asked them what happened and they thought it was a programming issue and told me to just drive it until the TPMS reset.

Well, it never did reset. After trying for awhile, eventually it just said TPMS malfunction and I can't even try to reset it anymore.

So I'm bringing it back next week but I'm trying to figure out how this could happen with the work I had completed. I trust this mechanic however I'm concerned that they are going to tell me the TPMS malfunction is unrelated to the work they completed on the battery, oil change and brakes. Considering the light wasn't on before I dropped off the car I just have to believe this is all related.

Any thoughts on what could be going on here?

Search this Thread