F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Future F10 equipment wish-list ...

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 10:44 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I fully agree with 1-4.

Here are some of mine...

1. Not only load DVD onto HDD, but this should have free space (100-200 Gb) for own MP3.
2. Not only planning route home and send it somehow to car, but also playlists and songs. Plan home at night, upload them to car at night wirelessly and listen while on the road.
3. More intelligent navigation which is able to simply answer questions like: which is the next gas station/restaurant/hotel on my route?
4. Customization of navigation colors. At least day/night.
5. More display options for navigation. POI, cusom or not, icons.
6. More display options for HUD, maybe a little wider if technically possible.
7. SAP Bluetooth.
8. More snap in adapters for mobile phones.

I will think of more.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:54 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i SMG

My wishes:
- More power for v8 (Gotta keep up with the competition)
- Quieter AC fan (too loud at full blast and can't communicate on built in blue-tooth speaker phone)
- Larger fuel tank (at least 20 gallon)
- Driving mode that will get 40 Mpg (for us long range commuters)
Old 07-12-2007, 11:29 AM
Members

hey, Heloha.

Buy a diesel, then your mpg will be nicer than now.
and then you wont need a bigger fuel tank

and I agree that the ac is too noisy
Old 07-12-2007, 11:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

The new F10 should come with a courtesy chauffeur and more comfy rear seats.

If the Active Cruise Control would be idiot proof in the mornings highway bumper-bumper
traffic jams, that would also do.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Originally Posted by luxembourg' post='446690' date='Jul 12 2007, 08:12 AM
I was stuck in the traffic the other day and started to think that since I do +50.000km (30K miles) per year, by the time when new F10 arrives I will have just about enough miles to get rid of my E60, which obviously will be out of waranty, etc... Then I started to wonder what possibly BMW will update / upgrade in their new 5-series in terms of standard equipment...
I assume there will be again (usual?) inrease of price, however...
It got me thinking that I would even be willing to pay significantly more but... if the upper mid-size car like 5-series would be equipped as standard in few things which I find missing in the current one... (well, at least in terms of EU specs)

So, I wonder what are your opinions?

In my opinion F10 should definetely have:

1) much much better NAV system:
- preferably change of map / software provider towards something more user-friendly (how about NAVITEQ?)
- all maps stored on built-in HDD, with easy way of downloading updates, current radars' positions, maybe even by going online with your car (register to the BMW world network via car's BT or WLAN? )
- touch screen should be "must have" in 2010... huh?

2) much better standard audio
- BMW should buy few other cars made by competition to listen to their audio and... maybe call their audio suppliers ASAP?
(how about this amazing Mark Levinson's audio in Lexus???

3) X-drive available for ALL engines (now, I am forced to buy at least 530d to have xd, why not with 520xd?)

4) much better standard seats - they should be really up to its class (fortunately I own sports-seats, but I know few people who got standard seats and are soooo dissapointed... :thumbsdown: )

5) comeback to the electronic air-condition as it used to be in good old E39 or is now in E90 and X5 (instead of tons of possibilities via current iDrive)

6) standard back-up camera with automatic on-screen preview instead of PDC (truly useless for tight parking in cities like Paris....

7) RFTs should be optional - not "the only right choice" standard for the M-paket (my dealer did not even understand my request to sell me the car with the normal tires...

As far as engines are concerned, I could even live with the current line-up as I love my 520d (which is quite enough in terms of daily performance and super-economy with both: lowest tax/insurance class imaginable for such car and 6L/100km average consumption). It's basically the standard and optional equipment set-up which drives me off...

But then again, would I give up new F10 if the equipment stays as it is now and go shop for MB, Audi or Lexus...?
Definetely not...
(*Althugh I recently test drove IS 220d and damn.. it's tempting with this equipment...sorry about that... just a weak moment there...)

What do you think?

Dentless body panels and death beams for vandals !
Old 07-12-2007, 12:15 PM
Members

My Ride: 520d LCI, old engine, manual, black dakota, platingrau II, standard (242?) rims.

Memory buttons that be used for other settings than merely communication and entertainment options.
It should be possible to press one button to retrieve my favorite A/C settings or reset the trip computer.

It should be able to pull the steering wheel further outward. I am 6 feet 4 and it's in the outer most setting.

+1 for the rear view camera!
Old 07-12-2007, 12:44 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

The nav system WILL be better. SVDO is history.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:48 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by narvselius' post='446727' date='Jul 12 2007, 08:11 AM
Plastic quality should also be increased. With the LCI it's on a decent level, but really... paying this amount of money and getting a car with hard plastic here and there - and especially around the aircon really annoys me. :thumbsdown:
I agree I think the interiors on the bimmers have gone down a notch since the past, plastic is no good. Any more plastic it could get close the hideous american car interiors.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:01 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by hinckley' post='446696
- More power for v8
- Larger fuel tank (at least 20 gallon)
Ditto. Ditto.
Less weight.
DSG.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:27 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='446908' date='Jul 12 2007, 11:44 PM
The nav system WILL be better. SVDO is history.
Looks like you know something... With who they signed the new contract with?

Quick Reply: Future F10 equipment wish-list ...