F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

F10 BMW 5 Series: An elegant, safe, dynamic, efficient and globally

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 05:10 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by Ricracing
This winter seems to have been as bad over there as here. But spring is coming soon...

Your "F010-10-09-522 (ISTA version 2.39.4)" is interesting. I still have the factory
set up, but after the 2,000 km installation drive I don't have any issues.
Some Finnish F10/11 owners say the extended AC is "whistling" and some have had problems with the "Low Battery" notes now when it's been below 30C at nigth for a month.
Don't forget that my ISTA version is "factory" for me. You just got your car earlier. I may be going in for some service in a few weeks and based on a SIB that's out, I'll probably be getting a newer version.

As far as low battery warnings, the F10 works way, way, better than the E60. I no longer get the warning even after repeated wake-ups without starting the car (like in my garage over multiple days.) My car has a secondary (motorcyle-sized) battery next the the (much larger) main one so I have a feeling that not only did BMW refine the sleep logic in the car, they also increased the available battery power...
Old 02-25-2011, 09:27 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011 550i; Alpine White/Black Dakota/MSport/SAT/IAS/Driver Assistance/ConveniencePkg/Prem Pkg 2/4 Zone AC/Side-Top Cameras/HUD & Black panel/BMW Apps-iPhone 4 Media/M Decklid spolier /Ventureshiled clear bra/ V1 -Ordered 4/9/11, Production 4/19, Shipped on Martorell 4/23,Arrived Port Hueneme 5/19,Delivered 5/21/11

Originally Posted by Rudy
Don't forget that my ISTA version is "factory" for me. You just got your car earlier. I may be going in for some service in a few weeks and based on a SIB that's out, I'll probably be getting a newer version.

As far as low battery warnings, the F10 works way, way, better than the E60. I no longer get the warning even after repeated wake-ups without starting the car (like in my garage over multiple days.) My car has a secondary (motorcyle-sized) battery next the the (much larger) main one so I have a feeling that not only did BMW refine the sleep logic in the car, they also increased the available battery power...
Dear 5 series Yoda,

I am coming off my stubborn position , and now leaning toward replacing my beloved E60 08 LCI 550i sport upon lease maturity in a few months .....with a F10 550i MSport.

Dont check this site as often as in the past, but every time I do, first thing I look for, and hope to see is your much awaited F10 550i personal RudyIZED review. So whats up, you have the source code, I need your wise council.

Thank you,
550i Now
Old 02-26-2011, 06:05 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by 550i now
Dear 5 series Yoda,

I am coming off my stubborn position , and now leaning toward replacing my beloved E60 08 LCI 550i sport upon lease maturity in a few months .....with a F10 550i MSport.

Dont check this site as often as in the past, but every time I do, first thing I look for, and hope to see is your much awaited F10 550i personal RudyIZED review. So whats up, you have the source code, I need your wise council.

Thank you,
550i Now
The review is still in the works (although for the last couple of months, I haven't been able to do much with it.) The timing of everything couldn't have been worse for me...I got the car right around Thanksgiving and obviously things got hectic during the Christmas holiday with family committments, and, during all of that, things got extremely busy at work (I do actually have a job that allows me to pay for these toys... )

Work is still really busy but I hope to be able to get something done soon -- believe me, I want to finish it as much as many folks want to read it!
Old 02-26-2011, 02:23 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011 BMW 550i; Dark Graphite Metalliic/Oyster, 4.4 TT V8, 8-sp AT, Sports Package, Dynamic Handling, Premium Package 2, Cold Weather Package, HUD

Originally Posted by Rudy
The review is still in the works (although for the last couple of months, I haven't been able to do much with it.) The timing of everything couldn't have been worse for me...I got the car right around Thanksgiving and obviously things got hectic during the Christmas holiday with family committments, and, during all of that, things got extremely busy at work (I do actually have a job that allows me to pay for these toys... )

Work is still really busy but I hope to be able to get something done soon -- believe me, I want to finish it as much as many folks want to read it!

Must be really something......hardcover or paperback?....is there romance?

I can't wait!!