F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

DVD player strange behavior need help

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 05:10 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DVD player strange behavior need help

I am trying to solve this mystery issues that I am experiencing with my DVD player. I have one of the members in this forum help me to code my car and enable DVD in motion on my car. I am having problem with my car play any DVD with the trailers or preview. Basically, if I have a DVD movie, that automatically start upon entering to CD slot , either in the home DVD player or in the car, it works right away with the car. But if DVD has preview, the DVD player in car, after shows the trailers, then will stop on "Play" option, and I can't press play or do anything from this option.I even tried from the menu and select different chapter but nothing happens. This also happens in park mode with emergency brake on or off.(turning controller left/ right....)
My car is 2012 F10 early production. I also previously tried DVDInMotion: Unlocking video playing while driving without hardware. from this company with same result. I also noticed, if car is in mute, it would not play at all.
Previously, I have removed the dvdinmotion coding and software and have BMW dealer take a look at the car , but they said they can't find anything wrong with the car.
Any idea how I can get around that. Maybe car software is too old or early production car does not support DVD playing even in park mode?
All DVDs are original and no copy and no scratches.

Thx,
Old 02-10-2015, 12:15 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F10 520D, professional navigation and park assist and surround cameras

I had a similar issue in my F10 520d professional dvd player before I solved it. When it stops at 'play' option, push the idrive knob left so that the DVD menus move centre-ward. Then with the topmost 'dvd' menu highlighted. Press down the idrive knob for some seconds (like 10 seconds) and then release. The dvd should proceed to the next stage. I hope this helps