F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

ConnectedDrive / Teleservces

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 12:24 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Awaiting a Saphire Black 520d SE, Black High-Gloss Trim, Black Fusion Upholstery, Hi-Fi Stereo, DAB Radio, USB/Ipod Adaptor. ETA Nov 21st 2007

So does anyone have these activated and can comment on how they work?

I've registered for ConnectedDrive on the BMW website, but at the moment simply lack the login to test it.

I've clicked on "Activate Teleservices" from the iDrive - the car dialed a number in Germany via bluetooth to my phone, waited a few moments, then just hung up again and said Teleservices could not be activated.

Anyone advise on either?
Old 09-11-2010, 12:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Are you sure you have the proper hardware? The combox equipment was introduced with September production, anything produced before September will not have the ConnectedDrive services I'm afraid...
Old 09-11-2010, 12:48 PM
Members

My Ride: Awaiting a Saphire Black 520d SE, Black High-Gloss Trim, Black Fusion Upholstery, Hi-Fi Stereo, DAB Radio, USB/Ipod Adaptor. ETA Nov 21st 2007

Originally Posted by kscarrol
Are you sure you have the proper hardware? The combox equipment was introduced with September production, anything produced before September will not have the ConnectedDrive services I'm afraid...
I definitely don't have a combox build, I couldnt be bothered to delay the order for it - and I definitely do have ConnectedDrive under the BMW Online menu item within my iDrive - it just asks for my ConnectedDrive login, which I've applied for via the BMW Website recommended in my manual - it accepted my VIN and confirmed my car was capable, just got to wait for the details now (or so it said).

So is the combox necessary?
Old 09-11-2010, 12:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by morkjt
I definitely don't have a combox build, I couldnt be bothered to delay the order for it - and I definitely do have ConnectedDrive under the BMW Online menu item within my iDrive - it just asks for my ConnectedDrive login, which I've applied for via the BMW Website recommended in my manual - it accepted my VIN and confirmed my car was capable, just got to wait for the details now (or so it said).

So is the combox necessary?
Good question!! I thought the ConnectedDrive stuff began with the combox and Sept production, but I could be wrong about that. There could some other service I'm not familiar with...

My M3 was just completed and I will have the combox but it has not been delivered for me to play with. Sorry I wasn't much help, good luck!