F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

BMW of Columbia South Carolina sells F!0

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 01:28 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by Richard in NC
I agree. Saying the demo is sold and you can't test drive it is completely different than someone actually taking possession of the car but you can't.

I did see two F10s running around the BMW factory with manufacturing plates and Hendrick BMW has at least one demo that I saw last Friday. I still have 6 months to go on my lease so I'm waiting patiently and not trying to drive one yet.
Exactly. Bottom line is that if a dealer let a customer take possession of a F10 before the US release date, it would be in deep sh*t with BMW. BMW first wants to unload the leftover new E69s and that job gets infintely harder when the new F10s get on the road.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:29 PM
Members

Originally Posted by sdg1871
Exactly. Bottom line is that if a dealer let a customer take possession of a F10 before the US release date, it would be in deep sh*t with BMW. BMW first wants to unload the leftover new E69s and that job gets infintely harder when the new F10s get on the road.
The exact wording was "the demo was delivered to a customer on Friday." How else do you take that? That tells me that the customer has the car.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:31 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Doc Holiday
The exact wording was "the demo was delivered to a customer on Friday." How else do you take that? That tells me that the customer has the car.
Wow. I can't believe that they would be allowed to do that.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:31 PM
Members

Originally Posted by JDoug550
Interesting. I was there twice just last week and I didn't see an F10. Oh well, hope your car arrives soon.
PM me and I will give you the CA name that told me. He is who told me they had the demo and that it was delivered to a customer on Friday.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Well before you go crazy about it. Maybe the demo was sold and taken out of the showroom (but is still being held until the June release date, just like yours). If I bought the demo, then I sure don't want my car to be driven anymore. Right?
Old 05-22-2010, 02:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by sdg1871
Wow. I can't believe that they would be allowed to do that.
+1
Old 05-22-2010, 02:39 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by theXman
+1
If true, that could be a dealership-ending move.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:37 PM
ObD
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i 6MT

I thought this also, but how is mine being held up and others are being sold? THAT is what ticks me off. If they can sell one, they can sell them all. This is bull crap.
The initial allocation of cars for a new model are specified by BMW for each dealership. Since your car was ordered it is part of the June allocation not this first allocation. This is always the way BMW has worked. As I said previously, you order, you wait. Unfortunately your CA has tried to pacify you in a situation that he/she has no control over.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:28 PM
Members

Originally Posted by ObD
The initial allocation of cars for a new model are specified by BMW for each dealership. Since your car was ordered it is part of the June allocation not this first allocation. This is always the way BMW has worked. As I said previously, you order, you wait. Unfortunately your CA has tried to pacify you in a situation that he/she has no control over.
Tried to pacify me? You are kidding right? I have been given every crap reason known to man. Even been told that my car was on the first run and they did not have a seat module so they shipped it without the module and they are waiting on the module to arrive in SC so they can deliver my car. When I asked if the car they delivered Friday had the module the phone went silent. All I want is some answers. If it is going the be June 19 then so be it, but don't sell any cars till then. That is what I am pissed about.
Old 05-23-2010, 04:24 PM
ObD
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i 6MT

Tried to pacify me? You are kidding right? I have been given every crap reason known to man. Even been told that my car was on the first run and they did not have a seat module so they shipped it without the module and they are waiting on the module to arrive in SC so they can deliver my car. When I asked if the car they delivered Friday had the module the phone went silent. All I want is some answers. If it is going the be June 19 then so be it, but don't sell any cars till then. That is what I am pissed about.

The straight answer is that you aren't getting your car till BMWNA says so. So calm down and wait like everyone else has for the past 50 years. CA's have been known to fib aka pacify.

Quick Reply: BMW of Columbia South Carolina sells F!0