F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

BMW of Columbia South Carolina sells F!0

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 07:54 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am sooo pissed right now. I have had an F10 on order since April 2. My car has been at the prep center since the first of May. Then I find out my dealer has an F10 demo that IS NOT FOR SALE. I was going to go test drive it today. I get a call 10 minutes ago and am told that they SOLD the F10 on Friday!!! Now I can not get an explanation as to why I do not have my car. I am about to tell them to stick it up their a**.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by Doc Holiday
My car has been at the prep center since the first of May.
??? :thumbsdown:

How is it possible to have your car in the prep center for almost a month???

The car must have been badly damaged under shipping or something.

If I where you, I would need a detailed and convincing explanation in the matter.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:43 AM
Members

This was supposed to be the demo model that was not for sale. Remember, the release date for U.S. is June 19. I keep getting the run around about when I can get my car, then the very people that are giving me the run around sell their demo. Seems that BMW can not get their crap together. This is my first "luxury" car purchase, and I can honestly say I am disappointed already and I do not have the car. I got treated better and got more honest answers when I bought domestic. Anyway the point is that the car is not damaged, they are just holding it. Why? I do not know and am beginning to not care.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

I would think that a BMW dealer would get in major trouble with BMW if they let a customer take physical possession prior to the US release date. Did the dealer give the car to the buyer. Or did it sell it, take it off the showroom floor, but keep it until the US F10 release date?
Old 05-22-2010, 10:52 AM
ObD
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i 6MT

If you order a car, you wait. This has been BMWNA's policy forever.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:06 AM
ObD
Contributors

Originally Posted by sdg1871
I would think that a BMW dealer would get in major trouble with BMW if they let a customer take physical possession prior to the US release date. Did the dealer give the car to the buyer. Or did it sell it, take it off the showroom floor, but keep it until the US F10 release date?

A car is a car and is available for sale. The OP has a car built to his specifications. The OP is free to buy a car off the lot not of his specification.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:15 AM
ObD
Contributors

Originally Posted by Ricracing
??? :thumbsdown:

How is it possible to have your car in the prep center for almost a month???

The car must have been badly damaged under shipping or something.

If I where you, I would need a detailed and convincing explanation in the matter.
It's normal for a new model to spend extra time at the VDC. Probably a combination of gov't paperwork, gov't inspection, and last minute factory software programming updates.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:33 AM
Contributors

Interesting. I was there twice just last week and I didn't see an F10. Oh well, hope your car arrives soon.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:04 PM
Members

Originally Posted by ObD
It's normal for a new model to spend extra time at the VDC. Probably a combination of gov't paperwork, gov't inspection, and last minute factory software programming updates.
I thought this also, but how is mine being held up and others are being sold? THAT is what ticks me off. If they can sell one, they can sell them all. This is bull crap.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:25 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i 2006 BMW X3

Originally Posted by sdg1871
I agree. Saying the demo is sold and you can't test drive it is completely different than someone actually taking possession of the car but you can't.

I did see two F10s running around the BMW factory with manufacturing plates and Hendrick BMW has at least one demo that I saw last Friday. I still have 6 months to go on my lease so I'm waiting patiently and not trying to drive one yet.

Quick Reply: BMW of Columbia South Carolina sells F!0