5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   F10 Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/f10-discussion-33/)
-   -   BMW Apps (https://5series.net/forums/f10-discussion-33/bmw-apps-121324/)

Argelius 02-22-2012 12:31 PM

I've found the BMW apps to be a big disappointment -- both in terms of the execution of the existing apps, as well as the complete lack of new and/or upgraded apps. It really seems like BMW decided to abandon the whole project. Looking at what other manufacturers are doing in this regard (Toyota and Ford, to name a couple), it would seem BMW is falling way behind the curve.

Has anyone heard anything about if BMW is actually planning in improving their app selection?

The whole point of embracing the concept of apps is the allow for more frequent enhancement and customization of the infotainment system. Prior to this, if you wanted updates and added functionality to onboard information and entertainment services, you had to wait until you got a new car. C'mon, BMW get back on the cutting edge with this and update your apps!

AP Sales 02-23-2012 06:02 PM

I'm curious what apps are available to you now? Which devices, iOS and Android?

Argelius 02-24-2012 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by AP Sales (Post 1422181)
I'm curious what apps are available to you now? Which devices, iOS and Android?

The only apps available are
[1] Twitter
[2] Facebook
[3] "Web radio" which is some sort of generic Pandora

All of them are very poorly implemented. It's so much easier just to open them on your phone rather than using the iDrive interface.

GeneArch 03-17-2012 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Argelius (Post 1422305)
The only apps available are
[1] Twitter
[2] Facebook
[3] "Web radio" which is some sort of generic Pandora

All of them are very poorly implemented. It's so much easier just to open them on your phone rather than using the iDrive interface.

Don't forget Pandora and MOG

Stitcher radio is coming soon

luigi524td 01-01-2013 05:42 AM

I'm told that any of the BMW Apps are possible with an iPhone on my 2013 F10 - I have a Motorola Bionic w/ICS and can't enable BT internet.

Anyone out there getting APPs using an android phone now? I really don't want to wait until 2014 for BMW to catch up and I really really really don't want to get an iPhone!

I did find a way to install BMW Remote on my Droid.

Gene 01-01-2013 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by luigi524td (Post 1484646)
I'm told that any of the BMW Apps are possible with an iPhone on my 2013 F10 - I have a Motorola Bionic w/ICS and can't enable BT internet.

Anyone out there getting APPs using an android phone now? I really don't want to wait until 2014 for BMW to catch up and I really really really don't want to get an iPhone!

I did find a way to install BMW Remote on my Droid.

pingy just acquired a fully loaded f10 as well...IIRC he's a "droid" guy also, perhaps a pm to him might help...

luigi524td 01-01-2013 02:54 PM

Thanks

Originally Posted by Gene (Post 1484651)
pingy just acquired a fully loaded f10 as well...IIRC he's a "droid" guy also, perhaps a pm to him might help...

I did PM him ... thx for the suggestion!

ranger 01-08-2013 08:41 AM

Yeah I feel the same, I think BMW apps could have been improved a great deal