F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Bang & Olufsen High End system coming to the F10

Old 05-27-2011, 07:07 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Originally Posted by v_therussian
You're honest I wasn't going to bash B&O in yet another thread, but yes, their equipment doesn't sound the best. Although, some of their components aren't bad - I remember their 1980's cassette players were pretty legendary... although, Dragon still takes the gold. Either way, their automotive parts are probably developed and manufactured by someone else, and just branded B&O (I'm guessing here).
You sure you didn't get them mixed up with Nakamichi tape decks?
Old 05-27-2011, 09:57 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How does this compare to the upgraded system in the m3? I heard that is pretty legit sounding high end, similar to individual system in some other prior bimmers?
Old 05-27-2011, 04:46 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

i'm just glad that bmw is offering these high-end sound systems lately.
remember the days not too long ago of no bass in a bmw? :thumbsdown:
Old 05-29-2011, 09:09 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 650i, Black Sapphire Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Sports Package, Cold Weather Package, Steptronic, Navigation, Logic7 sound system, ARS, PDC

Originally Posted by turboawd
Yup ...... it was all mids n highs in my E39 !!!
Old 05-29-2011, 10:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by turboawd
Heck yes, now with the F10 HiFi Pro sound system I can't keep the bass even close to max.
Old 07-10-2011, 07:28 AM
Members

Originally Posted by v_therussian
You're honest I wasn't going to bash B&O in yet another thread, but yes, their equipment doesn't sound the best. Although, some of their components aren't bad - I remember their 1980's cassette players were pretty legendary... although, Dragon still takes the gold. Either way, their automotive parts are probably developed and manufactured by someone else, and just branded B&O (I'm guessing here).

KEF is a great speaker. But in my experience, nothing out there compares to the warmth and color of the B&W. Was good enough for the Beatles...
PMC!!! b&w are a tad brighter than pmc!

Originally Posted by cheeks
Yup ...... it was all mids n highs in my E39 !!!
Well e39 base audio was very good for car audio... it needed a subwoofer but it wasn't bad. It wasn't as clear as it could be but then car audio is not aimed at audio enthusiasts.
Tonally e39 stereo was fantastic.

One of hte best audio systems used to be in Volvos by Dynaudio. Have not heard any new volvo car stereos nor do i know if its still dynaudio.

Balanced audio tonally is very difficult to achieve as in a car you are basically inside a "speaker". B&O is not very good for audio reproduction its just a design thing and from the links i think its a bit too intrusive inside the car i rather have the speakers and stereo mix well with the interior and "hide".
BMW is slowly trying to cater to everyone's needs hopefully wont pull the brand in all directions.
Old 07-10-2011, 07:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

None of those trashing B&O have, of course, actually heard their new system operating in the 2012 650 or in an F10...

Might it not be best to reserve judgment until you've listened to it in action?

The B&O systems in Aston Martin and higher end Audis generally draw a lot of praise.

Sure, these things are reasonably expensive. You've got to be able to pay to play. If you can't afford the higher end options, BMW does lower end too.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:02 AM
Members

Originally Posted by swajames
None of those trashing B&O have, of course, actually heard their new system operating in the 2012 650 or in an F10...

Might it not be best to reserve judgment until you've listened to it in action?

The B&O systems in Aston Martin and higher end Audis generally draw a lot of praise.

Sure, these things are reasonably expensive. You've got to be able to pay to play. If you can't afford the higher end options, BMW does lower end too.
B&O has never been higher end in the audio world they are not even in the mid level as far as audio world is concerned.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by porksoda
B&O has never been higher end in the audio world they are not even in the mid level as far as audio world is concerned.
Prejudices aside, the folks posting here haven't heard this specific system. To have such a strong opinion on it is asinine. Higher end, rather obviously in this context, refers mainly to the cost of entry.

It's perhaps a little disingenuous to not at least do the system the courtesy of listening to it before expressing an opinion on its performance and value for money. To do otherwise is the audiophile equivalent of bench racing - and we all know that's a sport practiced almost exclusively by those who have neither the means to indulge in it outside of their laptops, nor the intelligence to know that it is the pastime of fools...
Old 07-10-2011, 12:29 PM
Members

My Ride: f10 520da - 328 wheels, ambient lighting, sport s-wheel, oyster/black, fineline anthracite, Sophisto Gray

Had a Dynaudio system in my C70. It was very good but had 3 major problems.

1. Morrissey sounded no different than in my wifes VW Polo

2. It made all the trim rattle

3. you looked a cock driving round with the roof off and the music 'pumping'

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bang & Olufsen High End system coming to the F10