F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

all members please vote A

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 07:46 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Mini Cooper

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/04/29/a...o-the-ultimat/
Old 05-02-2011, 08:18 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 BMW 550i; Dark Graphite Metalliic/Oyster, 4.4 TT V8, 8-sp AT, Sports Package, Dynamic Handling, Premium Package 2, Cold Weather Package, HUD

I'd give it a "B."

It's nice of BMW to go back towards emphasizing the "Ultimate Driving Machine," but this particular ad seems more about BMW's fuel economy......and that's not what BMW's are about.

In comparison, the new Mercedes ads (like the one featuring the new CLS) look much better...and more focused on actual performance.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:43 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Petes550i
I'd give it a "B."

It's nice of BMW to go back towards emphasizing the "Ultimate Driving Machine," but this particular ad seems more about BMW's fuel economy......and that's not what BMW's are about.

In comparison, the new Mercedes ads (like the one featuring the new CLS) look much better...and more focused on actual performance.
well I supose you are right that the F10 is not the Ultimate Driving Machine
Old 05-03-2011, 04:50 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 BMW 550i; Dark Graphite Metalliic/Oyster, 4.4 TT V8, 8-sp AT, Sports Package, Dynamic Handling, Premium Package 2, Cold Weather Package, HUD

Originally Posted by pinguhk
well I supose you are right that the F10 is not the Ultimate Driving Machine

I'm saying that the ad is somewhat confusing because it mentions the Ultimate Driving Machine but shows instead the importance of fuel economy.
If the F10 had a hybrid, then the ad would make more sense.

Maybe you need to actually watch the ad next time.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:10 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Petes550i
I'm saying that the ad is somewhat confusing because it mentions the Ultimate Driving Machine but shows instead the importance of fuel economy.
If the F10 had a hybrid, then the ad would make more sense.

Maybe you need to actually watch the ad next time.

I only like it because they spend loads of money on the add.
the story is a load of C##p if you ask me. BUT no new BMW models is a Ultimate Driving Machine any more, the time as gone from that.
They need to sack the designer and bring some 1 close to the old designer which the cars was the Ultimate Driving Machine.
to be honest Audi is becoming the Ultimate Driving Machine.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:11 AM
Contributors

I only ask ppl to click A so to surport BMW but if you guy think like this then a D for the add.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:05 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pinguhk

I only like it because they spend loads of money on the add.
the story is a load of C##p if you ask me. BUT no new BMW models is a Ultimate Driving Machine any more, the time as gone from that.
They need to sack the designer and bring some 1 close to the old designer which the cars was the Ultimate Driving Machine.
to be honest Audi is becoming the Ultimate Driving Machine.

Like I mentioned before, the problem with the ad is that it's saying one thing (Ultimate Driving Machine) but showing another. If you read the blog underneath the ad, it even says that.....instead of focusing on horsepower, they focus on fuel economy......that's not what the 5 series is about. (except maybe the diesel version).

There's nothing wrong with current BMW designs. The cars are sleek, modern and less polarizing than those dreaded Chris Bangle's designs from several years ago. If sales are any indication, I'd say BMW is doing very well right now.

I like Audi designs, too....I think they are very sexy. However, except for the RS and A10 models, the regular Audi models drive no better than their BMW counterparts. They are also overpriced for what you get. A loaded S4, for example, costs almost as much as a M3, but doesn't perform that much better than the less expensive 335i.