F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

5er vs the new Audi A6

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 05:01 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Originally Posted by Petes550i
For $71K, you could get a nicely-equipped 550i. I can't imagine what the upcoming S6 will cost...no doubt $100K easily.
To me it seems over the last several years, Audi's been deliberately limiting inventory to jack-up demand and therefore prices, too. You go to any local Audi dealership and you'll be hard pressed to find any model in the dealer's lot that's equipped to your liking.
I'm starting my research for my next car, since my 2005 545i SMG has now crossed 101,000 miles. I tend to research for a LONG time before purchasing because I keep my cars for 8+ years on average. It's a long-term commitment for me, so I always want to make a fully informed decision.

In my research thus far, I'm not sure what people are talking about when comparing Audi prices to BMW and saying Audi is just as expensive? From what I am seeing, there is a significant premium paid for BMW vs. Audi due largely to the method of selling options packaged with Audi vs. BMW still selling most things A-La-Carte.

Fully loaded A6 Prestige sticker comes in about $67,000
Fully loaded S6 costs about $84,000 on the Audi website.

I have test driven the S6 already, but not yet test driven any of the F10 models. The S6 was very impressive to drive. The power and acceleration made my current car feel very slow by comparison. I did feel that the Audi lacks the steering feel that my BMW offers, which is a check in the minus column for sure. But, from what I have read about the F10, the electronic steering on that model may have reduced the feel. Is this correct?

Personally, I LOVE the new Audi exterior designs. I think they are some of the most impressive looking cars on the road these days. Sexy.
I was at the BMW dealer last week getting an oil change and they had the new M5 in the showroom. I took a picture and emailed it to my wife. She wrote back: "Looks like a Dodge."

I'm going back to Audi today, with the wife this time. We still need to try the F10, although the BMW dealer is closed on Sundays. :meh:
Old 01-27-2013, 07:48 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2013 audi a6 PREVIOUSLY : 2010 BMW 523i, E60,
Smile

Originally Posted by subterFUSE
I'm starting my research for my next car, since my 2005 545i SMG has now crossed 101,000 miles. I tend to research for a LONG time before purchasing because I keep my cars for 8+ years on average. It's a long-term commitment for me, so I always want to make a fully informed decision.

In my research thus far, I'm not sure what people are talking about when comparing Audi prices to BMW and saying Audi is just as expensive? From what I am seeing, there is a significant premium paid for BMW vs. Audi due largely to the method of selling options packaged with Audi vs. BMW still selling most things A-La-Carte.

Fully loaded A6 Prestige sticker comes in about $67,000
Fully loaded S6 costs about $84,000 on the Audi website.

I have test driven the S6 already, but not yet test driven any of the F10 models. The S6 was very impressive to drive. The power and acceleration made my current car feel very slow by comparison. I did feel that the Audi lacks the steering feel that my BMW offers, which is a check in the minus column for sure. But, from what I have read about the F10, the electronic steering on that model may have reduced the feel. Is this correct?

Personally, I LOVE the new Audi exterior designs. I think they are some of the most impressive looking cars on the road these days. Sexy.
I was at the BMW dealer last week getting an oil change and they had the new M5 in the showroom. I took a picture and emailed it to my wife. She wrote back: "Looks like a Dodge."

I'm going back to Audi today, with the wife this time. We still need to try the F10, although the BMW dealer is closed on Sundays. :meh:
have to agree...the steering feel i had in my e60 was missing in 2013 audi a6 but having tested the f10, both had a minus cos of the electromechanical steering. apart from this audi a6 (c7)scored in every front over f10.

anewys.. u r the boss..test drive both n conclude for yourself>
Old 01-29-2013, 11:38 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2013 535i (White with Oyster Interior. Premium Package, Navigation, Technology Pacakge, Park Distance Control, and Rear View Camera)

I checked out Audi A6 before I decided on 535i. F10 has the best interior BMW ever build on a 5 series, but A6 interior put F10 in shame.

There is no comparison, A6 has the best interior it's car segment, every piece of the components are absolutely beautiful, it makes F10 looks alike a low tech car.
I can't believe the reason I picked 535i is because it's more valuable (cheaper). Lease on a 3.0 A6 costs around 700 due to low residual value, 535i costs a lot less
Old 03-03-2013, 07:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Chiming in with my two cents (can't believe this thread is STILL running!!!).

I recently test drove the '12 A6, GS350 AWD and Cayenne Diesel back to back. All the while, transporting myself between the dealers in my trusty E60. Anyhow, NONE of the above cars match my E60's bite in turns, but that's not news at this points. I was, however, SEVERELY disappointed by Audi A6. I had driven the A7 some months ago, and loved it - so I don't know why this A6 sucked so badly. But truth is, its interior - however nice it might be, and it is mighty nice, to be honest - is getting old to me. It's cute and all, but the car that comes along with this interior is simply nothing for me to look at. Honestly, for about 300 dollars less per month, I would MUCH RATHER lease the new GS350 AWD. First and foremost, the Lexus DRIVES BETTER THAN THE A6. Yes, I know - I was shocked too. But it is what I've found on my test drives. Lexus handles better and the interior is on par with the A6. So what would I personally get, if I HAD to get a new car before the LCI F10 is out (soon)? I'd get the F30 335i, I guess. Guess my point is that A6 is really not going to last as the leader - even if it ever does manage to wrestle away the crown from the 5er. And that is becoming evident.

BTW the reason I test drove the A6 in the first place, is because a friend of mine in Russia has one. I drove that one and it was awesome. Diesel A6 with individual interior. It was a great little car to toss around in Saint Petersburg traffic. But here, in the good old US of A, the A6 simply does not measure up - even to a Lexus! Forget about pitting it against the Bavarian - pointless, as it has always been

Last edited by v_therussian; 03-03-2013 at 07:40 AM.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Cars:2011 - BMW F11 535i, Alpine White, Msport version2009 - MINI COOPER, Mellow Yellow2007 - BMW E61 LCI 530i, Space Gray, Msport version - SOLD2006 - MINI COOPER, Park Lane Version - SOLD2005 - BMW E61 525i, Titan Silver, Msport version - SOLD2003
Model Year: 2012

I really do not understand how can it be that A6 has the best interior in it's car segment. Few week ago during a business trip to Germany I rented an A6 and I was really disappointed of its interiors. It gave me an overall cheap feeling like driving a lower segment car, let's say A4. I have an F11 and IMHO it looks much closer to a higher segment car, like a 7 series. Driving feeling then, is not even close to a BMW. I must say that I choose to rent an Audi as I wanted to test drive it as I has so high expectation from this car and on the end I was so badly disappointed. I was already dreaming of an Audi S6 as my next car, but it will definitely be a BMW again or maybe a MB E class.
Attached Thumbnails 5er vs the new Audi A6-2013-01-14-14.37.29.jpg   5er vs the new Audi A6-foto-8.jpg   5er vs the new Audi A6-m550dx-touring-41-.jpg