F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

550i M-Sport at Detroit Auto Show

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 10:37 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550i

Thread/pictures here

Very pretty. But when did 19s start looking like they're on the smallish side? (Just a note before I get blasted: I'm not advocating that all new models should have an option for 20s, I'm just making an observation.)
Old 01-10-2011, 10:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

I still don't like the M Sport wheels. The M wheels will (must be) better looking.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:57 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 535i M Sport 6MT
Model Year: 2010

Originally Posted by acorradi87
Very pretty. But when did 19s start looking like they're on the smallish side? (Just a note before I get blasted: I'm not advocating that all new models should have an option for 20s, I'm just making an observation.)
The wheel well gap makes the 19-inch wheel look small. I think the wheel size and tire sidewall height looks fine. Does the F10 550i Sport suspension have adjustable ride height, ie is it lowered only in Sport mode?
Old 01-10-2011, 11:19 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i

Originally Posted by vkhong
The wheel well gap makes the 19-inch wheel look small. I think the wheel size and tire sidewall height looks fine. Does the F10 550i Sport suspension have adjustable ride height, ie is it lowered only in Sport mode?
I think the gap in general just looks odd and diminishes the 'sporty' appearance somewhat. AFAIK the suspension is only firmed up in sport mode, I don't think the ride height is actually changed (but I could be wrong). I think it's a mistake for BMW not to offer a static M-Sport suspension (non-adjustable) in the U.S. like they are offering in other countries. But I also think it's a mistake for them not to offer the F11 touring. I digress.....
Old 01-11-2011, 07:44 AM
Members

My Ride: 07 550i Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Steptronic, Sport, Premium, Nav, Sat. Radio, Logic 7, Comfort Access, Rear Sunshade.

Too me, the hood looks likes something that was dug out of Bangle's waste basket.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:30 AM
Members

My Ride: f10 520da - 328 wheels, ambient lighting, sport s-wheel, oyster/black, fineline anthracite, Sophisto Gray

Is the larger gap due to the car being moved around on rollers so the suspension hasn't dropped? Also I'm not a fan of the amber reflectors on the side of the front bumper, they seem to draw your eye into the gap.

I still think the SE trim suits the car more than the M

Just my view
Old 01-11-2011, 09:36 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

the only thing that looks stupid on that car is the rear bumper/valance, the exhaust tips, and the leading edge of the hood where it meets the front bumper. If they had integrated the grilles into the hood a little better the front would look perfect. The rear bumper and exhaust needs to go - pronto.

Don't be so high on Bangle's jock, since the new Accord, the Hyundai Genesis, and quite a few other models have the same taillight design and numerous copies of the overall Bangle designs have come out, quite frankly, his designs are looking more and more dated.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:44 PM
Members

My Ride: 07 550i Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Steptronic, Sport, Premium, Nav, Sat. Radio, Logic 7, Comfort Access, Rear Sunshade.

Originally Posted by pjinca
Don't be so high on Bangle's jock, since the new Accord, the Hyundai Genesis, and quite a few other models have the same taillight design and numerous copies of the overall Bangle designs have come out, quite frankly, his designs are looking more and more dated.
LoL!!! I was being cynical about Bangle. +1 on how the hood integrates with the front bumper.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:14 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Bdaddylo
Too me, the hood looks likes something that was dug out of Bangle's waste basket.
As the old saying goes beauty is in the eye of the beholder however IMO the hood is a work of art and you really need to see in person to appreicate.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:17 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca
.....and the leading edge of the hood where it meets the front bumper. If they had integrated the grilles into the hood a little better the front would look perfect.
I do agree with this statement.....does cut off the hood line abruptly.

Quick Reply: 550i M-Sport at Detroit Auto Show