F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

1.000 km's whit one tank of diesel

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 11:24 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by TheIrishMan
Does this mean you are really not happy with the 520d and sports transmission? This would be very bad news and I would be very sorry to hear it.
Do you wish you had now gone for the 525d and the better torque?
I guess the 525dA is a better choice.

But I'm sure a BMW programming will fix it!

The "Sport" does it - getting the revs up over 1.500.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:25 PM
Members

My Ride: F11 520d Touring Imperial Blue, sports automatic, VDC, black leather sports seats, M Sport steering wheel, HiFi Professional, 18" 328 wheels, Xenon, PCD, electrical tow hitch etc... E87 120dM -10, Titanium silver, xenon, PDC, Hifi, 18" wheels etc. E87 120d M sport- 08, Le Mans blue, xenon, PDC, Hifi, 18" wheels etc. Sold: BMW 525dT Deep sea blue, xenon, PDC, leather, Hifi, USB etc.

Originally Posted by Ricracing
I guess the 525dA is a better choice.

But I'm sure a BMW programming will fix it!

The "Sport" does it - getting the revs up over 1.500.
As you have the sports automatic, you also have the Dynamic Driving Control next the the gear lever. If you push the gear lever to the right, the transmission enters sports mode ant won't use the eight gear at all. If you push the Dynamic Driving Control, as I understand it, you will enter sports mode on the gear box, but also adjust steering and accelerator response. Can you tell us little about the difference between the two ways of using sports mode? How does it feel?

About the stone roads in Helsinki. After having been driving around in downtown Helsinki last summer, I think you should have ordered the electronic damper control.
Old 07-31-2010, 08:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by gorban
As you have the sports automatic, you also have the Dynamic Driving Control next the the gear lever. If you push the gear lever to the right, the transmission enters sports mode ant won't use the eight gear at all. If you push the Dynamic Driving Control, as I understand it, you will enter sports mode on the gear box, but also adjust steering and accelerator response. Can you tell us little about the difference between the two ways of using sports mode? How does it feel?
About the stone roads in Helsinki. After having been driving around in downtown Helsinki last summer, I think you should have ordered the electronic damper control.
Yes, I have written before that this problem can easily be fixed by pushing the "Sport" button, but then the fuel consumption will go up.
I only have a choice of "Sport" or "Normal".

Since I'm still braking my car in, I have only once tried the "Sport" mode for a while.
And yes, it had about the same affect as it had on my LCI E60 when in sport.

The F10's steering is as standard feeling like it is in sport mode.
I will have to get back to this in a week or so.

The EDC would have been a good extra as the Active Cruise Control.
Did test drive a 530dA with the EDC and my car feels like the "Comfort" mode in the 530dA.

But I can only imagine how bad my car would be with 20" RF's!
Old 08-06-2010, 04:11 AM
Members

My Ride: Just gone-520d m sport- Jet Black- Dakota Leather black- AluCube interior, On order- F10 520d SE-Titanium Silver

How does your interior look/feel at night without the ambient lighting option. Do you notice it's absence? Is there any 'mood' lighting if ambient lighting isn't specified like there was in with the orange down lights on the underside of the rearview mirror in the e60.

I'm just fine tuning my order for a 520d F10 and dealer advises ambient lightig is a very popular option. Ir costs e400 here in Ireland and I'm not sure it's worth that.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:32 AM
Senior Members

The standard downward reddish mood lights are still there as standard.
With ambient light you get a "waterfall light" on the door sides, lights in the indoor opening handles and doorside compartments (I'll do some more investigation as soon as I've picked mine up - by tuesday at the latest).

Besides that you also get chrome inlays in the outdoor handles AND background lights in the outdoor handles...

I'll post pics as soon as possible!
Old 08-06-2010, 08:21 AM
Members

My Ride: Just gone-520d m sport- Jet Black- Dakota Leather black- AluCube interior, On order- F10 520d SE-Titanium Silver

Cheers- I like the spec on your car. 328 wheels are a nice choice and in Ireland at least not too expensive at e980. Jet black looks great (sold my Jet Black e60 last week after 4.5 yrs). I hope the paint quality/scratch resistance is better on the F10.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:00 AM
Senior Members

Thanks.
Regarding the paint, according to my dealer the quality has improved. On the F10, black now has a layer of clear coat which E60 didn't have.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:24 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BRAD
How does your interior look/feel at night without the ambient lighting option. Do you notice it's absence? Is there any 'mood' lighting if ambient lighting isn't specified like there was in with the orange down lights on the underside of the rearview mirror in the e60.
I'm just fine tuning my order for a 520d F10 and dealer advises ambient lightig is a very popular option. Ir costs e400 here in Ireland and I'm not sure it's worth that.
It has been bright out so late that I haven't actually driven my new F10 in the (dark) night.
Finland with the midnight sun, you see.
The Ambient Lights are not on while driving anyway.

I wanted the Ambient Lights, but now when I didn't get them I don't care anymore.
My dealer said that the chrome on the door handles is a M-B thing, not a BMW one (and maybe it is so),
but a nice inner lighting makes the ladies horny, especially with a beige int.

Scandic24 Next Thuesday??? :thumbsdown:
Old 08-06-2010, 09:48 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by gorban
Can you tell us little about the difference between the two ways of using sports mode? How does it feel?
I played with the Sport trans a bit yesterday.
Since the car has only 1.300 km's on it, I'm still staying under 2.500 rpm.

By pushing the "Sport" button you can choose from Sport or Sport+. The latter also takes out the DSC.
In Sport mode you can choose if the system effects the drivechain or the chassis or both, I did choose the
"both" option.
The revs goes up some 500 rpm on steady throttle and the gas response and the chassis gets a bit stiffer,
definitely something for the enthusiast driver.

After some 1.500 rpm the engine is at its comfort zone and after some 1.800 rpm the engine feels really powerful.

With the Comfort mode the car is a bit slow to react but very economical, now on the second tank for diesel after 300 km's
the iDrive shows a average consumption of 5,9 l / 100 km.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:43 AM
Senior Members

Ric. Yep, I know...tuesday, 4 days from now....
BTW. You got something in your mailbox.

Quick Reply: 1.000 km's whit one tank of diesel