F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

1.000 km's whit one tank of diesel

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 09:54 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Damned my poor English...

For the first time with my new car I heard the "bling-bling" and read the notice "gas reserve".

I had reseted the trip meter when I filled it up for the first time and it now showed 1.003,1 km's.
Did fill it up today with 60 liters of diesel.

This means a average consumption of 6,0 liters/100 km's.

The cars computer tells 5,9 l, but the car has been standing still several times
in the morning, with full AC max on to cool the inside.

+ just a pic I took today...
Attached Thumbnails 1.000 km's whit one tank of diesel-eky-14.jpg  
Old 07-28-2010, 10:00 AM
Senior Members

Sounds good!
If everything goes my way I'll be picking mine up by the end of next week.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by Scandic24

Sounds good!
If everything goes my way I'll be picking mine up by the end of next week.
I wish you get it soon!
Old 07-28-2010, 11:17 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Wow Ric, impressive!!! Great mileage for a car of that size. How are you liking the F10 so far? (aside from the windshield wiper issue you brought up).
Old 07-28-2010, 11:51 AM
ipp
Senior Members

My Ride: 07' 530d - M-Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Dakota leather 08' 120i - M-Sport - Alpine White III / Black Sensatec

That's amazing! A big and powerful car with that kind of mileage!
Old 07-28-2010, 11:59 AM
ipp
Senior Members

My Ride: 07' 530d - M-Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Dakota leather 08' 120i - M-Sport - Alpine White III / Black Sensatec

Btw... the E can go 1150 kms without refill... But it has 80 liters fuel tank...
Old 07-29-2010, 09:36 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca
Wow Ric, impressive!!! Great mileage for a car of that size. How are you liking the F10 so far? (aside from the windshield wiper issue you brought up).
The F10 is better than the E60 in many ways (allover power of the engine, comfort, AC and overall style)
but I also have some dislikes.

This small diesel engine's lower torgue is not good enough for the 8-speed autogear in mode "Normal".
Under 1.500 rpm the engine complains when there's some torgue on. By pushing the "Sport" mode button,
this problem disappears, but the consumption goes a bit up.
The big problem is, that most roads I use are 80 km/h roads, where you can drive some 86 km/h (in 8th gear)
without getting a fine and just then the engine revs some 1.350 rpm and roars badly

On stone roads (that we have in down town Helsinki) the chassis makes a horrible noice.
Yes, I have 20" wheels (with non-RF tires) but I'm comparing my F10 to my LCI E60 520dA with 19" wheels
with the Eibach Pro Kit and the same brand and profile tires and also non-RF tires on the same road!
The E60 did do the same roads much more nicely.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:49 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by Ricracing
The F10 is better than the E60 in many ways (allover power of the engine, comfort, AC and overall style)
but I also have some dislikes.

This small diesel engine's lower torgue is not good enough for the 8-speed autogear in mode "Normal".
Under 1.500 rpm the engine complains when there's some torgue on. By pushing the "Sport" mode button,
this problem disappears, but the consumption goes a bit up.
The big problem is, that most roads I use are 80 km/h roads, where you can drive some 86 km/h (in 8th gear)
without getting a fine and just then the engine revs some 1.350 rpm and roars badly

On stone roads (that we have in down town Helsinki) the chassis makes a horrible noice.
Yes, I have 20" wheels (with non-RF tires) but I'm comparing my F10 to my LCI E60 520dA with 19" wheels
with the Eibach Pro Kit and the same brand and profile tires and also non-RF tires on the same road!
The E60 did do the same roads much more nicely.
Hmm, maybe the F10 needs a little refining? The LCI E60s were really refined and great cars, even my pre-LCI doesn't make noise over rough pavement - we don;t have any stone roads around here.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:17 AM
Members

Does this mean you are really not happy with the 520d and sports transmission? This would be very bad news and I would be very sorry to hear it.

Do you wish you had now gone for the 525d and the better torque?

D
Old 07-29-2010, 11:21 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca
Hmm, maybe the F10 needs a little refining? The LCI E60s were really refined and great cars, even my pre-LCI doesn't make noise over rough pavement - we don;t have any stone roads around here.
I will make a complain about these qualities.

Please, see the next thread.

Quick Reply: 1.000 km's whit one tank of diesel