E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

X-drive vs Emergency spare wheel

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 02:38 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2009 E61 525 xDAT with plenty good stuff (NAV, HUD etc)

Hi, I am fairly new to this forum as a fresh first time BMW owner. We got our -09 525 xDAT shortly after X-mas, and has since enjoyed this superb car which seems so perfectly adapted to the challenging winter roads in Norway at the moment. The car came with RFT's for the summerwheels, but ordinary studless winter tyres. To my surprise, there was no spare wheel or jack when I looked into the boot. and the supplier told me that this was standard supply due to the RFT's and offered me a repair kit free of charge. I would rather get the emergency spare wheel kit aka doughnut, but my question is whether this also can be used on X-drive cars without damaging the drive system. Grateful for your advice and opinions, Ola/Lier, Norway
Old 01-30-2010, 07:06 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2009 BMW 525xdat Exclusive Edition. Platinum Bronze, Tobacco Brown Nappa Leather, Anthracite Bamboo wood. Comfort Package, Advantage Package, Comfort Seats, Panoramic Sunroof, Sport Steering Wheel, Heated Steering wheel, Mirrors with Auto Dimming, Extended Interior Light Package, Extended Storage, Head up, Lane Departure Warning, USB, Bluetooth, Navigation Professional (with hard drive), Voice Control, BMW Individual Audio System ,Adaptive Headlights, High-Beam Assistant, Seat heating rear (and front),auxiliary heating, Airbags rear side, Electric Towbar. BMW Individual Tinted Rear Windows.

First of all, congratulation with your new car. Excellent choice.

Your car is originally delivered with Runflat tires. Hence Spare Tire is optional. Yes, you can use a Spare Tire with X-drive.