5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E61 Touring Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e61-touring-discussion-4/)
-   -   Would there be any interest in (https://5series.net/forums/e61-touring-discussion-4/would-there-any-interest-138824/)

TLO03 07-11-2014 06:03 PM

Would there be any interest in

My swagn , and at what price point? Seriously considering selling my xit. It's at about 33k miles on the clock. I like to price things to sell not wait for the right buyer to pay my dream number.. It's all oem where it should be and tunes jb4 g4 and Cobb go with it . Custom exhaust blah blah .. All the spares .. It still has a yr left on the platinum warranty through BMW ...

Interested in the boards thoughts.

2008Msport 07-21-2014 07:27 AM

Assuming you have all the OEM parts, you might consider parting it out, and then selling it as stock. As is, I'm not sure that the market is there to pay anything more then the going rate is for a stock example.

Lotus99 07-21-2014 08:19 AM

Unless an enthusiast buys it, who can appreciate the mods, if they're into them.

TLO03 07-21-2014 02:44 PM

Well I wasn't expecting much more than I see other xit's going for with 35k mi. And some warranty left..
Parting out is very possible ... But re installing roof racks could be a pain..

bionet 07-21-2014 09:33 PM

Long time e46fanatics and e92post member. I'm in the market for an e61 535xi and I happen to come across your thread :)

Are you seriously debating on selling your e61? If you are, I might be interested. Do you mind messaging me with a complete list of what's been done to the car?

Cheers.

Lotus99 07-22-2014 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by bionet (Post 1543796)
Long time e46fanatics and e92post member. I'm in the market for an e61 535xi and I happen to come across your thread :)

Are you seriously debating on selling your e61? If you are, I might be interested. Do you mind messaging me with a complete list of what's been done to the car?

Cheers.

Exactly. Might help to have a mod list if you want to get an idea of the car's value with them on...

TLO03 07-22-2014 01:44 PM

Crafting a possible Ad.

Purchased in Jan. 2010 w/19,600 Mi.

Mtech front and rear bumpers
H.I.d headlights /fogs (jon@ motorcepts installed)
Miesterscieft exhaust
Jb4
Kw v3 coilovers (front Helper springs removed)
AR designs downpipes
Custom intercooler(666 fabrication)
Jb4 meth kit( seperate tank)
Bcm air filter.
ER 535 charge pipe
Oem M5 mirrors bottoms wrapped matte. (USA/euro glass)
Oem Carbon fiber splitters (wrapped matte).
Akebono pads
Stainless brake lines
H&R M5 rear sway bar
Cobb accessport
BC forged 2pc wheels 19x9.5 / 10
Custom exhaust downpipe to muffler
3" no cats or resonator.
Dp fix
35% ceramic tint , 50% on windscreen
Roof rails deleted
Roof wrapped matte black
Sunroof clear matte wrapped
Calipers painted black.
BMW platinum extended warranty good til 7/18/15

Lotus99 07-22-2014 06:42 PM

Wow, that's impressive! Let's hope a real enthusiast will find it.

Just my humble opinion, but I'd leave out the basic stuff like air filter, caliper painting, sunroof tint, etc.

Few people read lots of text, and you don't want the important stuff getting lost in the details with the piddly stuff.

Like "one year left on the extended warranty", vs. "calipers painted black"...

Ask yourself, would the buyer really care about those misc. items? Or at least have a second category called Misc. with all that minor stuff in it.

The major mods like suspension, tune, FMIC, DP's (which few might want, since they're catless, especially if there are emissions to be passed), tune should stand out. The rest, who cares in the grand scheme of things, is my take on it.

GLWS. :D

bionet 07-23-2014 12:29 PM

That is quite a list. Although the previous post mentions to leave things out, I actually prefer to have as much detail as possible.

What year is the wagon?
Any issues? Are you willing to take it for a BMW PPI? (at my cost of course)
Clean title? In hand?

And finally, have you even started to think of a price point you are willing to part with the car for?

TLO03 07-23-2014 01:19 PM

I started the list trying to go chronologically , but things got forgot and jambed in. Like the warranty was purchased at 20,500 miles. I try to be as descriptive as possible so no surprises ..
Wagon is 2008 I'll pm you the rest cuz this is turning into a classified ad..
Prefer to sell it but part out possible.