E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

won`t start then at the dealers she starts

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011 | 01:02 AM
Members

My Ride: '07 E61, blue exterior, grey interior, sport, premium, nav, other stuff

Ok here are the details, 2007 5 xit, pre-facelift, lots of goodies...so I park the car at home in the garage on Monday (last week), and on Tuesday afternoon, go to start the car and...all the electical components light up as per normal, but will not start does not turn over! No information messages, all systems ok. Try the wife`s key and it does nothing either. So call the dealer (only been in Budapest one month so have not found an independent garage)and they arrange for a tow (on Friday!!). They put it on the computer and get no unusual information, all systems normal... and it starts...leave the car there until Monday to see if anything has happened to repeat the issue, and starts like a there was never an issue...grr...so go pick it up and yes it starts. It has not rained here in Budapest for at least a month, car was shipped overseas from Canada and was "out of action" for a month, was running for at least a week before this issue. Car battery is recent, no issues with starting.
Only other symptom that I have noticed since I first bought (2010)the car was that (very) occasionally the key was not always recognized as being in the car. I just changed the battery, and have put it in the ignition so that the key and car are updated with each other. she has comfort access...
Does anyone have any idea what might be the **&%$^**^%$&* issue?

cheers

George
Old 08-24-2011 | 09:32 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2010 535 xi - M Sport Pkg & other goodies

My diversity antenna crapped out which was causing key not found messages. Read my posts.
Old 10-19-2011 | 07:18 AM
Members

My Ride: '07 E61, blue exterior, grey interior, sport, premium, nav, other stuff

So, I come back from 2 weeks holiday, hop in the car, start it up and off we go to get the dogs from the kennel...when we all pile back into the car (having ben turned off) she won't start!! Just because I am 45 minutes out of town doesn't add to my sense of happiness...anyway, this is the same problem as before. The dealer fixed it this morning, said that the battery cable was faulty. Knowing that the computer on these cars are sensitive to power fluctuations/weak battery etc, it seems to make sense that the simple problem was wiring. Wish the last garage had been as sharp as this one...here is hoping that this particular thread will stay silent from now on...at least as far as the problem recuring is concerned...

George