E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Will this colour combo do?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 02:48 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F11 -14

Appreciate your views on this colour combination. I'm thinking of Carbon Black and maybe an unorthodox interior baring in mind Sportpackage and Carbon Black:
Attached Thumbnails Will this colour combo do?-interior-1.jpg   Will this colour combo do?-interior-2.jpg  
Old 02-03-2010, 03:26 AM
Senior Members

I was also looking at beige interiors a lot before I found mine (merino in polar grey), and also considered truffle brown.

Two important views I have developed at this time:

- you HAVE to have black/anthracite headliner. its just terribly annoying to have this light beige colour on the A-pillars, and also on the D-pillars which uou constantly see in the rear-view mirror. Especially on a sunny day this beige becomes really bright like yellow and blinds you while driving.

- the lighter brown wood colour fits the combo much better. the dark brown is just too conservative and common. I am attaching a pic with this

- I cannot comment on black outside too much as I dont like it, but I've seen black tourings with beige interior and they certainly had their kind of charm and elegance. I personally prefer blue/green/red paint with beige interior.
Attached Thumbnails Will this colour combo do?-bmw-5-series_touring_2008_1600x1200_wallpaper_18.jpg   Will this colour combo do?-bmw-5-series_touring_2008_1600x1200_wallpaper_1a.jpg  
Old 02-03-2010, 03:36 AM
Senior Members

Thanks for sharing the pics - you have exactly the interior I have opted for (for time being...).
Old 02-03-2010, 04:13 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

I love these kinds of threads

I personally find there is too much beige with BMW's Beige Leather option. I prefer the foot-well to be black, like you get with the Natural Brown or Cream Beige Leather options. Also wood is a no-go for me, but again, that's just personal preference. But don't get me wrong, its still a very elegant combo with Beige and light wood

To give some food for thought...
My LCI E60 525d M-Sport was Carbon Black with Natural Brown leather and Black High-Gloss trim. For me it gave great contrast between the classy dark paint on the outside and it also gave a strong contrast on the inside and quite an exclusive "Individual" look. Natural Brown together with the Aluminium Trim, like you currently have, is also a favourite of mine and simply looks a little more sporty than with the Black High-Gloss Trim.

As for the outside colour, my favourite was Alpine White with the Natural Brown and Black High-Gloss trim. But because it was a company car, I decided to go for the more understated Carbon Black paint. Even though I have become a total Carbon Black addict(!), I would now order Alpine White if given the choice.

(My current car is second hand, so did not of a free choice of options and was happy enough to go with a car that has the classic 5er M-Sport colours of Carbon Black, Black Leather and Aluminium Trim.)

Here are some pics of my LCI E60 with Carbon Black, Natural Brown and Black High-Gloss:

It should also give you a feel for how beige leather contrasts with Carbon Black / dark blue.

Will this colour combo do?-dash-front.jpg
Will this colour combo do?-dash-side.jpg
Will this colour combo do?-img_0790.jpg
Will this colour combo do?-s_128_side-back4.jpg
Old 02-03-2010, 04:54 AM
Senior Members

and here is what I got eventually, as an example - its pretty expensive if you buy new:
Attached Thumbnails Will this colour combo do?-5er-combi_individual_0008.jpg   Will this colour combo do?-5er-combi_individual_0012.jpg  
Old 02-03-2010, 05:23 AM
Senior Members

xBMWx
Damn it Pete! Now you've given me another excellent choice. Seriously, it looks really classy, and I like it a lot.

Problem is I already have Natural Brown and everything colourwise that reminds me of a car that has been some >120 days in a garage trying to sort the electronics out is nowadays a nono. Just don't want any connection anymore with this car. For the moment.

mmitev
Actually, that colour combo was the first I specced; it felt like a "natural" choice with Carbon Black and goes well with the BMW image and the E60/E61 style. But I have grown fond of the "classy" look of my loaner, with beige leather and light maple wood and wouldn't mind seeing that transferred to the new car. Plus, as I have opted for ventilated seats it will be Nasca leather and here I have an ocean of options; two colours.

Still not sure if "classy" works well with M-sport and 172M wheels, though...

Hm. Will have to visit some dealers to see the variants IRL. - Oh, the horror, the horror...

You'll be hearing more of this, to be sure!
Old 02-03-2010, 12:48 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by narvselius
xBMWx
Damn it Pete! Now you've given me another excellent choice. Seriously, it looks really classy, and I like it a lot.

Problem is I already have Natural Brown and everything colourwise that reminds me of a car that has been some >120 days in a garage trying to sort the electronics out is nowadays a nono. Just don't want any connection anymore with this car. For the moment.

mmitev
Actually, that colour combo was the first I specced; it felt like a "natural" choice with Carbon Black and goes well with the BMW image and the E60/E61 style. But I have grown fond of the "classy" look of my loaner, with beige leather and light maple wood and wouldn't mind seeing that transferred to the new car. Plus, as I have opted for ventilated seats it will be Nasca leather and here I have an ocean of options; two colours.

Still not sure if "classy" works well with M-sport and 172M wheels, though...

Hm. Will have to visit some dealers to see the variants IRL. - Oh, the horror, the horror...

You'll be hearing more of this, to be sure!
That Individual Interior is just incredible, but LOTS of money when ordering new from the factory!

I didn't realise the Seat Cooling function was only available with Beige or Black leather
This is a picture of Beige Leather with Black High Gloss. I think that looks very classy. (And I would then put in some black carpets!) That combined with Carbon Black (or Alpine White) would look great IMHO.

Will this colour combo do?-beige-black.jpg
Will this colour combo do?-beige-black-side.jpg

As for the M172s, they are a little more purposeful / aggressive looking than the standard (M-Sport) M135 wheels, but there is not really much in it IMHO. Nice to see you can order them as a factory option now on the E61 -- better late than never! You could exchange them for M166s if wanted something "classier". I also think the 128s are a great rim, but they are not exactly understated. Considering your dealer owes you big time, doing you a deal on other rims may be a request they would accomodate? I have pics in my Galleries (link in my signature) with pictures of my E61 on M172s.

So what engine are you going for this time? Staying with 6cyl petrol or thinking about diesel or even the V8?
Old 02-03-2010, 04:24 PM
ipp
Senior Members

My Ride: 07' 530d - M-Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Dakota leather 08' 120i - M-Sport - Alpine White III / Black Sensatec

If I would order a E61 these days it would be either Imola red or Alpine white.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 BMW 530i E61, alpine white, cream-beige interior, sports-auto-transmission and a lot more-

feel free to take a look @ my new car, very classy and sporty
My picture gallery
Old 02-05-2010, 12:43 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by xBMWx
As for the M172s, they are a little more purposeful / aggressive looking than the standard (M-Sport) M135 wheels, but there is not really much in it IMHO. Nice to see you can order them as a factory option now on the E61 -- better late than never! You could exchange them for M166s if wanted something "classier". I also think the 128s are a great rim, but they are not exactly understated. Considering your dealer owes you big time, doing you a deal on other rims may be a request they would accomodate? I have pics in my Galleries (link in my signature) with pictures of my E61 on M172s.

So what engine are you going for this time? Staying with 6cyl petrol or thinking about diesel or even the V8?
The 172M's only come with RunFlat and since I want to enjoy the ride I will by them separately from Sales After in Germany. That way I'll have a set of wheels for the winter ready.

V8?!? Hah! Do you now the premium in price on that car?!? And it will be impossible to sell the car in the future as the petrol price will continue to increase... Would love the sound though... No, my car is already in the EUR 70's and there is not room for going into the EUR85's just to have a bigger engine. And, 272 PS is quite ok actually.

Quick Reply: Will this colour combo do?