E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Who has chipped their 535 wagon?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 10:49 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did the ESS Stage 2 with no other engine mods and all I can say is .... hold on to your hat!!!!! The car breathes and flies now with seemingly almost unlimited power.

When I brought it to the dealer for a rear wiper problem and they reprogrammed the entire car (dumb-asses), ESS came back to my house (free of charge) to reprogram it! Now thats what I call service!

I would not go with GIAC. I have experience with their SW in a VW 1.8 GTI that ran lean and I switched to REVO with much better results. ESS is tried and true. No codes, no flags for the dealer, just pure, raw power.

BTW, my car seemed to be held back like the parking brake was set after receiving it back re-flashed from the dealer. I couldn't believe how slow it was. It felt like I was towing someone's house behind me.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:41 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by yellow325ix
What brand did you go with? What is the real world performance improvement? Any issues?

Thank you!
The Burger Motorsports JB3 Processor currently holds the world record for the fastest 1 Series and 3 Series BMWs with the N54 engine. Given that you have the exact same engine, you can expect increases just north of 80 rear wheel horsepower and 80 ft/lbs torque on pump gas. With race gas, you can achieve a whole lot more.

In the real world, this translates to a much quicker car that's capable of embarrasing some other higher priced performance cars on the market.

Originally Posted by 535xiT
Wondering if you have the DInan software or if this is just something you have heard. First of all I don't consider $2000 too much money to go from 300 hp and 300 ft/lb torque to 385 and 425 with a full warranty. The improvement is very noticeable in throttle response, sound and turbo lag not to mention acceleration and torque.

I did have to get a reflash on my car and there was no charge from the dealer that did it and no there wasn't any discussion between BMW and Dinan. They just did it. From all the research I did I found that Dinan is the only company that fully backs their software with a solid warranty. I think your understanding of the Dinan warranty is a little short on facts.
When the BMS JB3 unit is removed (since it is a piggyback programmer) per their instructions, the unit is undetectable. There are no codes that are stored and the dealer would just assume that you've been on the stock tune off the stock ECU the entire time.

Dinan does back their product with a solid warranty. In the end, it depends on what the customer thinks is actually worth it. Many of our JB3 customers (including myself) follow the removal procedure before heading into the dealership. We've had fuel pumps replaced as well at the dealership even after running the JB3 programmer. So in the end, it's your choice.

Originally Posted by TLO03
I have a friend wit jb3 I drove it gains are good there's a difinite difference dynos to prove it..id like to see dinain dynos,anddealer said if you have extended warranty dinan no longer covers you..they juss mirror the stock one..
And the world records prove it too.

Larger gains, less risk, and less money altogether.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:08 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E61 535d carbon black m-kit panoramaroof with beige nasca interior and wood trim. 172m rims. DimSport Race, SB, SAT

Dimsport did a remote update; purportedly 357 hp, not sure of nm but it flies. Does 0-100 km/h (62 mph) in just under 6 secs compared to 6.8 secs before and top speed, now unlimited, should be somewhere between 280 and 292 km/h on the gps (174 to 181 mph); to be tested. This for a late 2007 535D wagon. Oh, and mileage at legal highway speeds went up from 14.4 km/l (44 mpg) to 17.5 km/l (41 mpg).
Old 05-04-2010, 12:41 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 VW Passat Wagon 2.0l Tsi Grey/Grey Budapest 18" Lost to HPFP issues: 08 535i sport pkg Lost to Dreaded E61 Sun roof leaks: 07 E61 530Xi

Originally Posted by NavarroOne
Dimsport did a remote update; purportedly 357 hp, not sure of nm but it flies. Does 0-100 km/h (62 mph) in just under 6 secs compared to 6.8 secs before and top speed, now unlimited, should be somewhere between 280 and 292 km/h on the gps (174 to 181 mph); to be tested. This for a late 2007 535D wagon. Oh, and mileage at legal highway speeds went up from 14.4 km/l (44 mpg) to 17.5 km/l (41 mpg).
Um they are talking about the USA 535xi wagon... no 5 diesels here state side. The N54 is the Twin Turbo I6 that is being phased out for the N55 Dual scroll single turbo with Valvetronic DI.

The N54 535i sedans are already at or just under 0-60mph 6.0sec. the Xi sedans get a better jump but loose it in the 1/4 mile due to the weight, and that is stock... just imagine the 385/390 hp vs the "300" (really closer to 324...) The wagons should be close in times.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:46 PM
Members

does active autoworks have a chip?
Old 05-04-2010, 08:31 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by MKwagon530
does active autoworks have a chip?
http://www.activeaut...px?id=Product96

***make sure you search on e90posts before purchasing this, their AP2 is fairly new (early this year), and reviews/discussions are a good informative read over on e90posts. For the price of the AA chip you could go with a JB3 pin out or even a GIAC S1 flash...ESS S2 flash I believe is that price also..
Old 05-06-2010, 12:43 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 530d M Sport Touring : Carbon Black : Half Leather : Pro DVD Sav Nav : TV : Active Cruise : Front/Rear Parking : Bluetooth Phone : 6 CD : Dark Poplar Wood : Folding Mirrors : 5 year Servicing Pack

I've been in a chipped Saloon. It was in the UK and done by DMS - one of the most respected (and expensive) over here.

I have to say it was awesome. I didn't have my 5 at the time, but it's what persuaded me to get one. Admittedly, I couldn't afford a 535d, and mine isn't chipped, but it's still a great car (when it works).

At the time, I had a 225hp Audi TT Coupe and it was easily faster than that off the line.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:13 AM
Members

Thanks everyone.

I have 62k miles so I am out of warranty anyway. But, still considering either dinan or Vishnu. The 20% of special on dinan is helping a little. But, I still wonder, is it worth the extra price.

I plan to keep the car for about 3 years so I don't want to break anything too badly. Any remaining input?
Old 05-08-2010, 07:16 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by yellow325ix
Thanks everyone.

I have 62k miles so I am out of warranty anyway. But, still considering either dinan or Vishnu. The 20% of special on dinan is helping a little. But, I still wonder, is it worth the extra price.

I plan to keep the car for about 3 years so I don't want to break anything too badly. Any remaining input?
go with a flash over a piggyback IMO, especially if you are worried about longevity IMO. Controls over timing, temp, and pressures just seem to be "safer" with flashes over piggybacks. Either way, you're going to get a good increase in performance, GL with you decision
Old 11-11-2010, 08:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5

Sorry, I know it is a bit old thread but there are unanswered posts.

So I can do ecu remap for N54 Egnine. to 380 hp and 394 torque with Octane 93/94 Guaranteed! for just $600 for tuned file (5series.net members only). PM me if you are interested.
You need Dimsport MyGenius device to download/upload the file from ECU using OBD2 port and it can store 2 files (Original and tuned). If you are interested for that device, I can get ones for you.

Quick Reply: Who has chipped their 535 wagon?