E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Who has chipped their 535 wagon?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 03:23 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What brand did you go with? What is the real world performance improvement? Any issues?

Thank you!
Old 04-30-2010, 04:22 AM
Members

My Ride: 535xiT

Originally Posted by yellow325ix
What brand did you go with? What is the real world performance improvement? Any issues?

Thank you!

only sensible choice is Dinan with their warranty. Have Dinan stage 2 in my car since new 2 years ago Not one issue and big improvement in performance. Check their web site.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:37 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 VW Passat Wagon 2.0l Tsi Grey/Grey Budapest 18" Lost to HPFP issues: 08 535i sport pkg Lost to Dreaded E61 Sun roof leaks: 07 E61 530Xi

Dinan :thumbsdown: Way too expensive for the gains.If your car has work done on it and they flash it you will have to get the dinan stuff reinstalled. The warranty is not a bmw warranty , basically Dinan covers any thing that BMW won't but usually it ends up in a fight between BMW and Dinan over who's footing the bill. If you had a 1 or 3 , you could go the over priced BMW OEM solution for 20-30 hp but full warranty , but they won't put it on the 5's or x6's yet.

BMS Juice box or Visnu piggy backs are the way to go with the N54.

go here and read about them.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58
Old 04-30-2010, 07:42 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by 535xiT
only sensible choice is Dinan with their warranty. Have Dinan stage 2 in my car since new 2 years ago Not one issue and big improvement in performance. Check their web site.
sensible is relative

GIAC and ESS are great ecu flash options as well

for minor gains you can go with a JB+ but depending on your SW version you risk throwing tuner/manip codes that could void warranty work...

you can go with an ecu piggy back: procede or JB3 which give you some serious gains...

for a DD and engine longevity I'd go with an ecu flash...Dinan is great, but you'd have to get S2 to feel some real gains. If price isn't a factor and you value a warranty (dinan provides a secondary warranty, BMW does not warranty dinan mods) go with dinan....but for a fraction of the cost you can go with GIAC or ESS and get similar gains....
Old 04-30-2010, 10:18 AM
Members

My Ride: 2009 535i xdrive sportswagon, carbon black Manual transmission M package Dinan tune

I went the Dinan route on my '09 535i wagon and I am very very happy, but there are definitely cheaper ways to get equal to or more power than you can with Dinan.

My last car was an '05 turbo Subaru Legacy GT wagon. I had it tuned and long story short, ended up basically having to rebuild the engine and Subaru would not cover it even though the warranty as still in place. I can't blame them, I was the one who modified the car. After that, I decided I will pay more for the warranty coverage that Dinan offers. Definitely not cheap, but I want that insurance/assurance after my last experience.

Good luck with your decision!
Old 04-30-2010, 12:25 PM
Members

Originally Posted by bigbadbull
Dinan :thumbsdown: Way too expensive for the gains.If your car has work done on it and they flash it you will have to get the dinan stuff reinstalled. The warranty is not a bmw warranty , basically Dinan covers any thing that BMW won't but usually it ends up in a fight between BMW and Dinan over who's footing the bill. If you had a 1 or 3 , you could go the over priced BMW OEM solution for 20-30 hp but full warranty , but they won't put it on the 5's or x6's yet.

BMS Juice box or Visnu piggy backs are the way to go with the N54.

go here and read about them.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58
Wondering if you have the DInan software or if this is just something you have heard. First of all I don't consider $2000 too much money to go from 300 hp and 300 ft/lb torque to 385 and 425 with a full warranty. The improvement is very noticeable in throttle response, sound and turbo lag not to mention acceleration and torque.

I did have to get a reflash on my car and there was no charge from the dealer that did it and no there wasn't any discussion between BMW and Dinan. They just did it. From all the research I did I found that Dinan is the only company that fully backs their software with a solid warranty. I think your understanding of the Dinan warranty is a little short on facts.
Old 04-30-2010, 01:47 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: alpine white 535 E61
Model Year: 08

I have a friend wit jb3 I drove it gains are good there's a difinite difference dynos to prove it..id like to see dinain dynos,anddealer said if you have extended warranty dinan no longer covers you..they juss mirror the stock one..
Old 04-30-2010, 01:51 PM
Members

Originally Posted by TLO03
I have a friend wit jb3 I drove it gains are good there's a difinite difference dynos to prove it..id like to see dinain dynos,anddealer said if you have extended warranty dinan no longer covers you..they juss mirror the stock one..
You are correct about the Dinan warranty mirroring the BMW warranty. As I did it when I got the car I got a 4 year warranty. And yes it would be nice to see actual dyno results, but I am much more inclined to believe Dinan's numbers than any of the other players in the market.
Old 04-30-2010, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by 535xiT
You are correct about the Dinan warranty mirroring the BMW warranty. As I did it when I got the car I got a 4 year warranty. And yes it would be nice to see actual dyno results, but I am much more inclined to believe Dinan's numbers than any of the other players in the market.
as bigbadbull stated, do some research on e90posts regarding the n54 engine and flashes for it...numbers and comparison's are discussed frequently there...
Old 05-02-2010, 08:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 06' 530xi E61 Saphire Black / Dakota Black - aluminum 11' A4 Avant 2.0T Brilliant Black / Black - aluminum

I'm running a Procede V3 Rev II in my 335i and must admit it's a great product and is adjustable based on what's important to you. I also like to fact that it can be removed pretty much at any time if need be. It really makes a bg difference in power for the N54 engine.

Quick Reply: Who has chipped their 535 wagon?