E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Wet dog...

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 02:43 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wet dog...

Folks I need some recommendations. I recently purchased an e61 for a very good price through the trade. Car was very good condition bar some small electrical issues which I have fixed bar the diversity antenna.. Awaiting a new one in the post.

However the previous owner had a dog and the car is reeking of wet dog. I need a fix fast! Suggestions gladly received
Old 10-04-2012, 03:12 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2010 535 xi - M Sport Pkg & other goodies

Congrats on the car. Get all carpets and trunk professionally shampooed, if you have a garage, leave it there with windows down and a fan running inside, get some sort of odor absorber (or two) and put it in trunk.

Maybe something like this works: NATURAL AIR PURIFYING BAG | Bamboo Charcoal Air Filter | UncommonGoods
Old 10-04-2012, 05:35 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: alpine white 535 E61
Model Year: 08

I recently purchased an Allroad to find out it had a leaky sunroof and a mildew smell well i just fix the sunroof and plan on using this sometime this weekend .I'll let you know.

Dakota Odor Bomb - Car odor bombs for smoke odor removal, pet odor removal and more for a clean, refreshing scent!
Old 10-05-2012, 02:26 AM
Members

Thanks for that. Looking for those products in the uk. Look forward to hearing about the Dakota bomb.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:42 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2010 535 xi - M Sport Pkg & other goodies

Amazon UK seemed to have lots of odor removal stuff.

That Odor Bomb is a neat idea. Is it overkill for a car? It says it "treats 6000 cubic feet, or the size of a typical hotel room."

Would you use it as a bomb (the whole thing), or just spray like half of it into the car (I'd crack the window a bit and spray from outside, then pull up the window using the lock function), and leave it in there for two hours as instructed?

Last edited by Lotus99; 10-05-2012 at 09:48 AM.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:11 PM
Members

Sounds like it could be very thorough!
Old 10-05-2012, 03:36 PM
Contributors

Whatever product you use to remove or disguise the doggie odor you should also check the underhood filters; the factory quality ones have activated charcoal that might help with odor removal. Set your climate control to recirculate and your A/C on "automatic" for a few days.And if weather permits a few days of open window driving might be helpful too.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:31 PM
Members

That's good advice. I didn't realise that. I've a trip to take tomorrow so I will do just that. I have ordered one of the bomb cleaners so I'll advise on that as and when I get it
Old 10-07-2012, 01:53 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: alpine white 535 E61
Model Year: 08

Well guys i made a mistake, I ordered something different than I linked.. I got the smoke remover and doesn't have the locking defogger.

Dakota Non Smoke - odor remover, smoke odor eliminator, tobacco odor eliminator, odor remover, smoke odor remover, car odor eliminator, remove smoke

So I applied it in my car Saturday morning it just a normal spray can that sprays kinda heavy . it smells like baby powder and so far my mildew smell is gone.. only time will tell how long it lasts..
Old 10-28-2012, 09:15 AM
Members

Thought I'd update this for anyone who is curious. I went with the Dakota odour bomb, I'm not sure if there are multiple varieties but mine was new car.

Used as directed and came back to ventilate the car. I had placed on the transmission tunnel behind the arm rest. The rear seat had some wet residue but other than that there was a very strong but pleasant smell. Went back to close the windows and gave the rear seat a quick wipe.

Very impressed. Fresh and genuinely pleasant smell. After ventilation it is not overpowering at all, nor the artificial masking smell from say a magic tree.

Thanks for the excellent recommendation.

Quick Reply: Wet dog...