E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Video interface

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 03:49 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E61 525D 2005

I recently bought a monitor with build in DVD player and a second headrest monitor for the children on the rear seat. However the kids always ask to change the DVD in the middle of our drive. So we have to stop over somewhere and change the disc.

Now I saw this on http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250502291612&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en. I was thinking of buying this, also buy a DVD player and build it in the glove compartment (where normally the disc changer is located) and two monitors for the headrests. Dooes someone overhere has done the same thing? If yes, did you use the device I saw (I think it is not expensive at all)? And what are the things I have to look for?

Any help is appreciated!
Old 10-07-2009, 10:34 PM
Senior Members

Does anyone have any experience with this or a similar product?

Bruce, I guess you will be able to "make it or break it" with just a few words based on your massive knowledge..

It seems that this is an improved version - if these guys continue making it, in 6 months time there will probably be another iteration with all bugs sorted out, and if it's still at 40-50% of the price that BMW requires, it will certainly be worth buying this one instead.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:41 PM
Members

Hi guys

Just had a look at the vendors feedback for the item that Brains is talking about and since August he's sold quite a few. Would be great to find out what the people who bought them think now they've had time to install and use them.

I'm really interested but wondering if there are any programming issues?

Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Chris