E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Sport front and rear bumpers

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 01:18 PM
AJH
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

I would like to swap my 530d SE bumpers for the sport version. I have front and rear parking sensors.

Is it an easy swap?

Any help appreciated
Old 05-31-2011, 11:54 PM
Members

My Ride: 530D

Can I recommend that you contact Mstyle in England http://mstyle-px.rtrk.co.uk/
They have just fitted a M Sport kit to my friends E61 and the fit and finish was superb, colour paint match was spot on and they take care of all the retro fit parts for the PDC and bumper etensions etc. Takes the headache out of trying to figure it out for yourself.
Price was around £1200 fitted, which I think is a bargain.
He ordered the kit over the phone (so they could pre-paint it), paid the deposit, and drove down to have it fitted. Two guys worked on the car and it was complete in 2 1/2 hours.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:38 AM
Members

I used to have 535d with M trim and found it was a pain when going over speed bumps and also parking up against kerbs. Kerbs are the worst as teh bottom of the front bumper is wedge shaped meaning it will easily scrape over something, but reversing back out can pull the whole thing off!!!

Im now running a 530xd with standard trim and though doesnt look as sporty, is a lot more practical!
Old 06-01-2011, 09:01 AM
AJH
Members

Originally Posted by fletchedpair
Can I recommend that you contact Mstyle in England http://mstyle-px.rtrk.co.uk/
They have just fitted a M Sport kit to my friends E61 and the fit and finish was superb, colour paint match was spot on and they take care of all the retro fit parts for the PDC and bumper etensions etc. Takes the headache out of trying to figure it out for yourself.
Price was around £1200 fitted, which I think is a bargain.
He ordered the kit over the phone (so they could pre-paint it), paid the deposit, and drove down to have it fitted. Two guys worked on the car and it was complete in 2 1/2 hours.
Thanks for the link, looks interesting.
Old 06-08-2011, 04:09 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW 535xi wagon. Monaco Blue/Dakota Brown interior, M Package

Originally Posted by karly
I used to have 535d with M trim and found it was a pain when going over speed bumps and also parking up against kerbs. Kerbs are the worst as teh bottom of the front bumper is wedge shaped meaning it will easily scrape over something, but reversing back out can pull the whole thing off!!!

Im now running a 530xd with standard trim and though doesnt look as sporty, is a lot more practical!
that just happened to me yesterday... I couldn't believe it. it was the smallest curb, the front just hooked and ripped my whole bumper off... how much was it to fix for you? no external damage, just I think the fastners inside are probably all broken. bonehead move
Old 06-09-2011, 01:17 AM
Members

Originally Posted by alexio
that just happened to me yesterday... I couldn't believe it. it was the smallest curb, the front just hooked and ripped my whole bumper off... how much was it to fix for you? no external damage, just I think the fastners inside are probably all broken. bonehead move
Luckily the whole bumper didnt come off, however the force was great enough in that I felt the car lift up because of the stupid lip. I did notice some damage around the screws on the outer sides of the bumper where it attaches to the car. I hope that BMW have changed the bottom of the lip so that its flat instead of at an angle in the new 5 series.

In my new plain old E61 I can park right up to kerbs and drive over speed bumps without slowing down to zero now